Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Spin, July 15th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

coola boola. see ye there for 6 so. ill be on the cayo in the boards kit

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

OK, well I've overtightened one of the two bolts on my stem (where it attaches to the fork steerer) and stripped the threads- I presume this is not very safe to cycle now? Right?

Seems good and tight with just the lower bolt but I would be foolish to cycle it?

Posted another thread on this but I reckon I am going to take it as yes, better not cycle it- going to need to swap the stem - will try to make it in on time but will be late meeting short_circuit (feck! sorry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

good spin tonight lads! nice to meet ye all. clocked 88.67km here so am happy to finally get a good distance as i havent been out for a long one in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Indeed, nice to see you all and sorry I was late! Stayed with Harpz all the way back to the canal. 97.63km for me, longer than I expected, here's the route we did (click to see bigger):

th_Summerhill.png

Caroline was really flying, is it the Zipps or is she putting something in her tea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Jeebus lads you're all bleeding mad into your big mileage. Will you take it easy with the rest of us on Saturday. 80 - 100k mid week runs is nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Jeebus lads you're all bleeding mad into your big mileage. Will you take it easy with the rest of us on Saturday. 80 - 100k mid week runs is nuts.

Mad and in the doghouse -was out later than expected and her indoors wasn't too happy, but I'l survive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Bambaata wrote: »
    good spin tonight lads! nice to meet ye all.

Great Spin yeah!!! Nice bike too :)
    blorg wrote: »
    Caroline was really flying, is it the Zipps or is she putting something in her tea :D

Come on I wasn't even trying!! ( barry's tea rule ) + (I am still crap on hills )
    Mad and in the doghouse -was out later than expected and her indoors wasn't too happy, but I'l survive

Next time, stop by the shop and pick up a nice flower on your way back :)

My spin was the shortest, just 75KM as I live the closest. Thanks for dropping me off by the way, these guys are real Gentlemen ;) - your Mrs are really lucky. Next time pop by for some nice tea and bikkies in the back garden.

Advertisement