Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any good Rock/Metal club night on in Dublin this Sat night?

• 16-07-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey all,

I'm going to be up in Dublin on Saturday for the Ministry gig and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good Rock/Metal club or late bar worth going to after the gig? From searching around on the net I can't find a whole lot and its been a while since I was out and about in Dublin on a Saturday night...

Thanks in advance,

Fintan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Fibber Magees or Bruxelles is probably your best bet I'd say. Not much has changed since your last night out I'd say ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Fibber Magees or Bruxelles is probably your best bet I'd say. Not much has changed since your last night out I'd say ;-)

+1. Except both are probably full to the brim with little emo f*ckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Don't forget Dominion is on sat nights too. Goth, Industrial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

http://dominion.gothic.ie/

Ah, thought that died a death AGES ago. I'm proved wrong, I'm proved wrong. (nods head forlornly)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fintan.moloney

Thanks for the responses guys, I know Fibber's alright but I've not been to Bruxelles, Dominion sounds interesting - I'll check out the website...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

chin_grin wrote: »
    +1. Except both are probably full to the brim with little emo f*ckers.

Is there an emo epidemic happening right now? I have been hearing that these guys/girls are everywhere. I would love to head down to a good metal bar in Ireland (as few of them as there are) and not see them. Is that possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

i was in bruxelles a couple of weeks ago and it was full of "proper" rockers;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

DenMan wrote: »
    Is there an emo epidemic happening right now? I have been hearing that these guys/girls are everywhere. I would love to head down to a good metal bar in Ireland (as few of them as there are) and not see them. Is that possible?
    Dunno about Dominion. Haven't been there in over 4 years.

Fibbers has a few emos, but they stay out of the way. I think most of the ****ers have killed themselves, as there's not as many of them. The drink is cheap, and they do jugs of drink specials. It's open till around 3. A few live bands usually play from 10pm or till 1 or 2am, and there's a metal nightclub downstairs. The smoking area is sheltered.

Bruxelles has an older crowd, and no emos. Mainly cos they do no emo music. H (the dj) puts on a good set, but the drink is pricey. The smoking are is sheltered.

59646.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

had a look at the new dominion...not bad...at least it doesnt reek of piss like fraziers...

fibbers is a joke thesedays unfortunately...lots of little fat men and noxious gases....bruxelles is ok but u can forget about chicks down there...unless you are into ugly plumpers:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Fibbers is great if you're into chicks who "look" 17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Fibber Magees

he said "good" places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

I have to laugh at the emo comments, I assume the people posting these are either the Black Label Society-looking mongos or the fat ugly goth chicks bursting out of their ASHA corsets. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

Jack Vegas wrote: »
    I have to laugh at the emo comments, I assume the people posting these are either the Black Label Society-looking mongos or the fat ugly goth chicks bursting out of their ASHA corsets. :rolleyes:

i like goth chicks in corsets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

chin_grin wrote: »
    http://dominion.gothic.ie/

Ah, thought that died a death AGES ago. I'm proved wrong, I'm proved wrong. (nods head forlornly)

dominion is actually cool again, they changed the venue to issac butts which is a big step up, the original dominion in its heyday was the biz - i had some veryinteresting nights there but the venue was always a hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ste10

Jack Vegas wrote: »

Haha yea sounds like fibbers alrite, most of them will think they look good as well:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I definitely want to suss out Bruxelles (downstairs), been hearing great things about it. Definitely on my to do list. Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

i like goth chicks in corsets :D

Courses for horses, but the silverbacks should really steer clear of 'em.

That said though, I have had the buzz in Fibebrs on a fair few occasions, once you go dank you never go back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Fibbers smells of piss and after a few pints, the steep stairs can become quite challenging, especially if someone got sick all over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

lord lucan wrote: »
    i was in bruxelles a couple of weeks ago and it was full of "proper" rockers;)
    Same as Fibbers so! That place went downhill fast clientele-wise in the last few years, obviously the place was always a ****hole but it was a fun ****hole

Advertisement