Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake OR Pie?

• 16-07-2008 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Ok, now we all know that both cake and pie are supremely awesome...

However, if you had to choose between them, which would you say is best? :pac:

Cake or Pie 13 votes

I love cake more
    0% 0 votes
    It's all about the pie
    38% 5 votes
    A cake & pie forum? How did I end up here?!
    61% 8 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I hope I never have to choose between them, it would be a toughie. I've chosen cake in the poll, but the pie side of my brain (and stomach) is complaining. Savoury pies are just magic but the range is limited, so cake gets the vote. Mind you, apple and cinammon pie with cream. and custard.
    Damn, maybe it is pie.......!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

deswalsh wrote: »
    Savoury pies are just magic but the range is limited

Mr. Kipling has his moments. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

It's a difficult decision to make alright folks, the versatility of pie is matched admirably by the fluffiness of cake.

For me, my love of chocolate and therefore chocolate cake, swings my decision in that direction. However, a special mention must go out to the steak and onion pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I was down in Galway recently and I was in McCambridges ( the guys who make the brown bread ). I got a packet of apple pies there made by a local company called Sweetie Pies. They were absolutely delicious. IF you are in that part of the world, look them up and try them out. They were the nicest shop bought pies I have ever tasted.

Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

pie ftw.

savoury pies really.

the mince pies you get here are awful reheated lard filled efforts,

but the ones im referring to are the ones the aussies and kiwis make.

lived in nz for a year and oz for another year and they're the equivalent of a jumbo breakfast roll for a hangover.

best ever pie i had was a beef and jalapeno one from a pie shop in perth.

Lets see if this works:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-31.949622,115.857879&spn=0.00609,0.01369&z=17&layer=c&cbll=-31.952676,115.857398&panoid=0s3x80F-63AafnYxjR7sCw&cbp=2,317.2124402362989,,0,2.5738810624533683

its the place with the maroon front to it.

google streetview, connecting pie lovers with pie shops since 2008

• Advertisement
Advertisement