Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Positioning in a Driving Test

Options
  • 16-07-2008 3:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭

I failed my test recently and noticed that i got a no. of ticks for the positioning of my car on the road.

I mean i had my car in the middle of the road for all the way - where should i have my car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you were too close to the kerb? Easy rookie mistake.
    http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-driving/good-driving-practice/road-position.html

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Turbidine

It should be well to the left of the road, when you are turning left or moving forward.
    When turning right, you should be as close as you can to the line on your right.
    I had made that mistake before as well, it's a case of practising it again, and again, and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

That's harsh, I know the feeling. I failed my first test because of this too, picked up too many grade 2's for positioning.

I was told it was my positioning on the straights. When driving straight stay in the left lane and not the outer lane (overtaking lane). I was in the overtaking lane for 4-5 junctions and picked up a grade 2 on each one because I was going straight through the junctions.

It could also not being close enough to the kerb as others have said or when turning.

Did you ask the tester about this? I know they don't have to answer but if you get a nice one like I did and don't get aggresive cause you failed, they might tell you where you went wrong.

Advertisement