Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good shoot-em up?

• 16-07-2008 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭

Anyone know of any shootem ups for the Xbox 360 - i mean plane ones - like R-type kinda one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Arcade titles that are similar are:

Ikaruga http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1496/Ikaruga/p1/
    Geometry Wars Evolved http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1089/Geometry-Wars-Evolved/p1/
    Schizoid http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1538/Schizoid/p1/

All of which are good, solid, old school shooters. Great craic!

There's probably more but I can't think of em off hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Justlikemike

Yeah, they're all top notch. Gotta say, I love Omega Five. I know it's not a "plane" shooter but it's new school old school burn your retina's lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ikaruga is the best one to go for and Omega Five is really good.

Raiden Fighters Ace looks, well, ace! Will be getting it when it's released.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

anyone know where i can buy ikaruga?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mont wrote: »
    anyone know where i can buy ikaruga?
    In the Xbox Live Arcade. Should allow you to buy & download it

Nick

• Advertisement

You can get it on XBLA.

yoyo wrote: »
    In the Xbox Live Arcade. Should allow you to buy & download it

Nick

Ya i have an Xbox and i have the internet but in a different room (eircom connection - phoneline) - how can i go through this process of buying games online or playing online - sorry i know this may seem basic to a lot of people

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll need to be online to do it I'm afraid.

Mont wrote: »
    Ya i have an Xbox and i have the internet but in a different room (eircom connection - phoneline) - how can i go through this process of buying games online or playing online - sorry i know this may seem basic to a lot of people

You could buy an ethernet cable. Then connect your pc and 360 with it. So when you go online on your pc, your 360 will be online too. Obviously you'll need a tv in the room to see what your doin but it's a cheap and straight forward solution. You can then buy microsoft points online to buy arcade games with with a credit card or in shops like Game etc. You don't need to subscribe to Xbox Live to buy the arcade games - but you do if you want to play games against other people online. Get your 360 connected and follow the instructions if you want to subscribe to Xbox Live. Hope that made sense.

Is it possible to buy Ikaruga in a shop?

• Advertisement

Eh, for the Gamecube and Dreamcast and even then you'd be looking at paying through your teeth and buying from ebay. It's not available from a shop, you;ll just have to find a way of hooking up your xbox to the internet on a once off and downloading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

What about non-downloadable suggestions? :)

There really aren't any. I think you can get geometry wars with a best or arcade compilation but it's more of a robotron game than R-type. There's also Wartech: Senko no Rondo but it plays far more like a beat'em up than a shoot'em up and is only worth getting if you have a second player to play against you. Other than that arcade is the only way of getting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

bought ikaruga during the week based on recommendation in this thread

absolutely phenomenal game

Advertisement