Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Quinn Direct

Options
  • 16-07-2008 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

This is my first year insuring with Quinn Direct.

I can't say it have been a pleasant experience.

I called them up and their quote was far cheaper so I gave them my details and then they said they would send me the details and everything I need in the post. Fine so.

Two week later nothing in the post but Quinn Direct called me to confirm my address. All was ok till they got to the county I was like Laois? No Dundalk is not in Laois. It is in Louth. Then the woman accused me of tell the person I was from Laois I was gob smacked. Trying to comprehend saying Dundalk Co Laois. I just said fine send it to Louth (At this point they put my insurance up by 100 euro because we are such good drivers up here)

Before I even got the letter from Quinn direct I had a call from them saying they never got my letter to confirm I had no claims so I explain this to the woman and said I got it in the post today and they would get it on Tuesday due to the Bank Holiday in June.

Then today I check my bank account and they have added 60 euro to my DD I called them to ask them what was going on they said since they did not get my proof of No Claims they put it on the system as I had none. (They said they sent me a letter to advise of this I am thinking it is in Dundalk, Co Laois as I never got it) I advised the person I had sent it so she put me on hold to check. When she came back she said all she got my old insurance disc and there was nothing else in it. I then told her that everything was in the same envelope 4 pages of paper and my old cert. So she said she would call me back when she calls FBD to confirm my no claims.

10 minutes later I get the call back everything was ok on the FBD side and they are reducing my DD!

Oh and I am still waiting on the disc for my window! (the A4 page doesn’t sit into the space too well.) She said it was in the post i am wondering what county it will end up in.

Has anyone else had such a bad experience with Quinn? I am still thinking why I left FBD I could just call into them in Dundalk or Carrick.

Advertisement