Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

preschool??

Options
  • 16-07-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

hi new to this so stil tryin to get the hang of...
    anyways, i have a little girl goin to creche full time for 160e a wk,
    i was wondering does anyone have an idea of price of preschools attached to national school..
    as im a fulltime student i wud need to have a child minder to mind her before the playschool starts and after,til i finished college.. so i wud be paying twice sort of..just wondering wat ball point i wud be lookin at and am i mad to take her out of the creche she is in now..

just lookin for a few ideas, im a single mum so haven got any one for advice and stuff..confused.gif

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hi Yummum,

You'd be better off ringing some of the local schools to get an idea on this as they can vary. Not only with prices but with times also

My eldest just finished a year in pre school that ran from 8:50 until 11:20 or from 12 to 2:30. You had to choose if they were going to attend the morning or afternoon session and it was free for the year.

He is starting school in our local school and his brother will be starting preschool there next March from 9 until 12, and this will cost €45 a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yummum

thats gr8 thanks, i just have no one to ask so i find i get bit flustered bout wat i shud do..
    im in 2 minds bout leaving her in the creche, which she loves and is beind me and near the college, or movin her to the preschool when she 3 so she will make friends with kids she will be moving with to primary school. cause my hrs i wud have to get a minder to drop her off and collect her in eve. as il be in my final yr when she starts school i will have to get minder anyway, so was thinkin may as well get one yr earlier and change to preschool.. but i just dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The main reason why my 2 are going/have gone to preschool is because my Wife looks after them at home. They have never gone to a creche or montessori so we decided to send them to get them used to being away from home and get used to the whole school environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yummum

hey thanks for ur input...
    my little girl loves the creche and think she really excels in her speech and feeding...
    i think il just play it by ear and see, if i come across someone who can recom mend someone il look into it, for the moment i think if it not broken dont fix.
    cheers rosiejoe

Advertisement