Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's good at Electric Picnic?

• 16-07-2008 4:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I remember when Electric Picnic started and it was a predominantly Dance Music Festival - oh how things have changed! Now I only recognise a handful of the acts cause my non-dance music knowledge is sh1t.

So apart from the very obvious, which electronic acts would you recommend to be worth going to see?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

vince watson Live would be well worth checkin out

check out snippets on the juno player
    http://www.myspace.com/vincewatson

Vince Watson - "Floating Chamber"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Digitalism :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Goldfrapp!!!hands down!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

The line up is abnsolutely shocking, fcuking Sex Pistols headlining, Punk died a death in the 1980's and these hasbeens are obviously broke and trying to make a few quid for themselves, some scenes like Punk are better off left in the past.

It's all about Life Festival as regards festys in Ireland, ive no interest in commercial ones anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

chromeo cold cut digitlism!! THE ROOTS if u like hip hop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Rob Hood and Bookashade stand out for me.

Actually the whole Bodytonic village thing looks very interesting.

Jonny - Giles Armstrong is even playing an oldskool set. Plus Greg and Shane celebrating 20th anniversary of Sweat in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Redshape
    The Presets
    Digitalism
    Rob Hood (I cant pimp his Fabric mix album enough)
    Diplo
    Modeselektor

Pretty much if you want dance music hang out in the Bodytonic village and you wont be disapointed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The only ones who really stood out as must see for me was Underworld, Booka Shade and Deadmau5 really. I think Tiga, Digitalism and Goldfrapp would be worth a look too.

I had not spotted Rob Hood but will deffo check him out.

jonny68 wrote: »
    The line up is abnsolutely shocking, fcuking Sex Pistols headlining, Punk died a death in the 1980's and these hasbeens are obviously broke and trying to make a few quid for themselves, some scenes like Punk are better off left in the past.

It's all about Life Festival as regards festys in Ireland, ive no interest in commercial ones anymore.

I hear ya brother!

The Solas line up and set up looks interesting, haven't seen a Guy Called Gerald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jonny68 wrote: »

what's all about Life festival?

oh and i didn't know Life festival was free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Life Festival wasn't free, was €150 for 3 day ticket, I should know I was a security guard there :)
    Alloy Mental were brilliant, some great tunes everyday of the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

go abroad to europe for propper festivals .....jus back from Exit in serbia and four days of sunshine in a class fortress with sven vath, laurient garnier, dubfire, booka shade, claude von stroke and a few very impressive serbian djs all playing three hour sets to 40,000 people is a proper festival....there was plenty more to see there as well and for a ticket price and camping for less than €130 and €200 for spends now thats a bargain cant wait for next year 10th anniversary the thing will be mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Deadmau5, Lindstrom, Rob Hood....
    Don't think I'll bother leaving the Bodytonic village all weekend!:p

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

That Fabriclive mix by Robert Hood is spectacular alright, he would be well worth seeing (or hearing!). He is a long time around too and well respected.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Felixdhc wrote: »
    That Fabriclive mix by Robert Hood is spectacular alright, he would be well worth seeing (or hearing!). He is a long time around too and well respected.
    Listening to it now... nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Off topice posts deleted.

Lads, keep this on topic please and not turn it into another 'which genre is better' type thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Trab

Plenty of decent acts to keep me interested -

Vince Watson
    Redshape
    Shed
    Roni Size
    Prins Thomas & Lindstrom
    Rob Hood
    Charles Webster
    plus plenty of quality Irish djs who people seem to ignore because they aren't an international name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Deadmau5. But anyone know any good Lindstrom tunes bar "i feel space?"

Trab wrote: »
    plus plenty of quality Irish djs who people seem to ignore because they aren't an international name.
    Cool any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

underworld!! thay allways seem to put on a good show:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Trab

Zascar wrote: »
    Cool any recommendations?

If you're into hip-hop / turntableism Tu-Ki has competed in the DMC competitions before..

Barry Donovan is a resident at Electric City and runs the Lunar Disko night as well.

Giles Armstrong is one of the founders of Electric City and well worth checking out.

The Bodytonic Sound System is always worth investigating...

Downtownsounds Djs play a lot of cool disco / Italo stuff if your into that sort of thing.

There are a few more I've forgotten but there is plenty there to see anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Trab wrote: »
    If you're into hip-hop / turntableism Tu-Ki has competed in the DMC competitions before..

Barry Donovan is a resident at Electric City and runs the Lunar Disko night as well.

Giles Armstrong is one of the founders of Electric City and well worth checking out.

The Bodytonic Sound System is always worth investigating...

Downtownsounds Djs play a lot of cool disco / Italo stuff if your into that sort of thing.

There are a few more I've forgotten but there is plenty there to see anyway:)

I don't think its snobbery, I think its more to do with the fact that if you're paying 200 a pop for tickets you probably don't want to see the guys who'll be playing tripod/radio city/bernard shaw for a tenner in a fortnights time.

Advertisement