Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord rights

Options
  • 16-07-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a leak in my apartment. The tennants cannot use the bath or shower. The dehumidifiers are going in tomorrow and work is starting monday. They were told yesterday not to use the bath or shower. From a landlords point of view how do I stand on this. Are they entitled to be put into a B+B or do they live with it until the work is done? I have moved very fast on this as I only ound out about the problem on friday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are you my landlord? I started a thread on this same situation from the tenants point of view earlier this week

Knock €50 off the months rent and see are they happy with that. You can negotiate from there.
    In fact, wait for them to come to you and don’t mention compensation until they do

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

micmclo wrote: »
    Are you my landlord? I started a thread on this same situation from the tenants point of view earlier this week

Knock €50 off the months rent and see are they happy with that. You can negotiate from there.
    In fact, wait for them to come to you and don’t mention compensation until they do
    You sound very generous to your landlord micmlo. I would expect a lot more than €50 off. More likely at least a week rent free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Your tenants can't have a bath or shower for a few days? Assuming there is no other bath or shower in the house then I would expect to be put up somewhere if thats the case. A little inconvenience is okay , not being able to shower is completely unacceptable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

We only have a shower in our place, we recently couldn't use it for just over a week due to a leak, it needed to be replastered / retiled and sealed.

We got nothing off our rent, and were pretty much told 'Oh well, what can I do? It has to be done, and its costing me a fortune already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

ZYX wrote: »
    You sound very generous to your landlord micmlo.

:mad:
    I'm gonna subscribe so I can change usernames just to stop this misspelling that everyone does :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

I'm not sure if there is any rights or entitlements enshrined on either side. Certainly I think they should have some compensation, halfway between 50e and a week's rent I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

micmclo wrote: »
    :mad:
    I'm gonna subscribe so I can change usernames just to stop this misspelling that everyone does :(

good idea.

Advertisement