Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Belts

• 16-07-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Just wondering how many of you have bought a full size replica WWE belt? Did you get them from WWE Euroshop or somewhere else?

I've always wanted a WWE belt myself, it's kind of one of those things I've put on the back burner and thought I'd get some day.

I guess I have a few favourites but I think I'd only be willing to fork out money for one of them. My current favourites are:

Winged Eagle Belt
    Old Intercontinental Belt
    Attitude Era WWF Title Belt
    Current Intercontinental Belt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

your one and only stop for replica belts should be www.wrestlingworld.co.uk, recently purchased the winged eagle belt for bret to sign in october from there, quickest turn around i ever saw, ordered it friday, got delivered by courier monday

cant be any faster then that IMO

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

Wrestling-mania in stephens green, they have a lot of belts in stock which they could have one or two of them.

If not, i agree, the superstore would be the best bet.

BTW,
    I have the attitude era replica, and i have a mate who collects a LOT of wwe merch, and some replicas are absolutely atrocious.

Take my replica, it has significant meaning for me, as it would for anyone, but the paintwork is shabby, the diamonds come off way too easy, the leather takes ages to get it flexible and its not as detailed as you'd think they would be.

The current intercontinental(which my friend has) is practically the same as my attitude belt, as in all that i said above.

In saying that, the other two belts are quite good as they aren't as basic shapes.

Hope that helps grandmaster.
    If your willing to pay the money, dont expect the EXACT same as what you'd expect to see on tv.
    That is... unless it's the wwe spinner, or the rated r version.
    They are amazing belts. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Wait for KKV to get on here, the resident belt expert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Wrestling-mania in stephens green, they have a lot of belts in stock which they could have one or two of them.

If not, i agree, the superstore would be the best bet.

BTW,
    I have the attitude era replica, and i have a mate who collects a LOT of wwe merch, and some replicas are absolutely atrocious.

Take my replica, it has significant meaning for me, as it would for anyone, but the paintwork is shabby, the diamonds come off way too easy, the leather takes ages to get it flexible and its not as detailed as you'd think they would be.

The current intercontinental(which my friend has) is practically the same as my attitude belt, as in all that i said above.

In saying that, the other two belts are quite good as they aren't as basic shapes.

Hope that helps grandmaster.
    If your willing to pay the money, dont expect the EXACT same as what you'd expect to see on tv.
    That is... unless it's the wwe spinner, or the rated r version.
    They are amazing belts. ;)

Worst.Advise.EVER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Worst.Advise.EVER
    Advice maybe!

• Advertisement

Worst.Advise.EVER

Is the only part of that which you consider bad advice just the part where i mention w-mania?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Good feedback so far. I'd have thought seeing the belts are generally so expensive, that the quality would be top notch. Maybe the older belts might look better as they generally didn't have much, if any, paint on them?

I've never been mad keen about the Cena spinner belt to be honest. I think the Rated R one is maybe a bit nicer, but they're almost identical, just the centre medallion is different as far as I can tell.

I have to say Shinzon, the site you recommended, it looks a bit... well, not so safe/legit. Are you sure they are ok to buy from?

I'd only really considered buying from WWE Euroshop up until this point, and maybe Wrestlingmania in Stephens Green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

This thread should be of some help: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055319002 especially KKV's post, reply number 11

Good feedback so far. I'd have thought seeing the belts are generally so expensive, that the quality would be top notch. Maybe the older belts might look better as they generally didn't have much, if any, paint on them?

Thats true, and also they are better shaped. The old intercontinental being different layers nearly, and being a bit more rare they put more effort into them.
    I've never been mad keen about the Cena spinner belt to be honest. I think the Rated R one is maybe a bit nicer, but they're almost identical, just the centre medallion is different as far as I can tell.

I didn't care for it either until i actually held it. It feels like a proper belt.
    Thats a plus for going to wrestling mania is that you will actually get to see, feel, touch and smell them as opposed to trying to see what they look like on a website. Also the superstore site is a well respected wrestling merch site so its pretty safe. they do a lot of business.

That post by kkv pretty much says everything you wanna know about them to be honest.

Fozzy wrote: »
    This thread should be of some help: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055319002 especially KKV's post, reply number 11

I don't really think there is anything else i can add.

I can, however, reply to ECW-Original...

the leather takes ages to get it flexible and its not as detailed as you'd think they would be.

If you want a more "flexible" strap, you can get a Deluxe belt. They have (apparently) real leather.

As for the lack of detail, well, i think that belt was quite nice, but the plates on it aren't as detailed (or heavily engraved) because the plates on the belt are 2mm thick. If you go for an Ultra Deluxe you'll get the leather strap and a 4mm thick plate that has better, deeper, engraving.

All in all though, taking everything into consideration, i wouldn't go for aynthing more than an Adult belt. After a few days its just gonna sit on a shelf or wall anyway.

Unless you've got €3,000 to spare.. then you can get Reggie Parks or Dave Milican to hand-make you a belt (They make the WWE's belts).

:D

• Advertisement

I just checked out that other post, very useful. Wrestling World seems to be very reasonably priced, but then again I was comparing the prices to WWE Euroshop.

I'm starting a new job on Monday and I haven't been working for a while so it's probably a bit unnecessary for me to buy any at the moment, but maybe in the next month or so.

I think the first one I will buy is the classic Winged Eagle belt, I always liked it.

PS: I forgot to ask, but did you have to sign for the item when it was delivered? I'm not sure I could get it delivered at work and there wouldn't be anyone at home to sign for it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I have to say Shinzon, the site you recommended, it looks a bit... well, not so safe/legit. Are you sure they are ok to buy from?

aye i agree the website doesnt look like much, but as with everything you have to take a chance and i did, let me make an analogy with another company im dealing with atm, might make it easier

i ordered a hd-dvd box set from amazon.ca on the 6th of june, the boxset was posted according to them on the 8th of june, its now the 16th of july and still no boxset, i e-mailed them and they told me i have to wait till september the 8th before they will consider the boxset lost and replace it for me

Turning back to wrestling world, i ordered the winged eagle belt on friday, got the tracking number and postage confirmation the same day, monday morning rolls around courier van pulls up, take the box its the belt, very impressed i must say but the thing that capped it all off for me is there was a note from wrestling world in the cloth cover for the belt saying thank you for shopping with us etc etc

Now as far as im concerned thats customer service for you, literally 2 day turn around as opposed to amazon.ca above, so looks aint everything believe me

Shin

Unless you've got €3,000 to spare.. then you can get Reggie Parks or Dave Milican to hand-make you a belt (They make the WWE's belts).

:D

:D:D
    I'd love to get one at some point in my life.
    ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've always wanted a belt myself but they seem grossly overpriced to me. A heavyweight title belt seems to cost £300+. I wouldn't be able to justify that to myself. Maybe in a few years if I was loaded. :)

PS: I forgot to ask, but did you have to sign for the item when it was delivered? I'm not sure I could get it delivered at work and there wouldn't be anyone at home to sign for it either.

Yes, you do. But i think they will drop it in next door if they don't get an answer. Not 100% sure on that though. But you DO have to sign for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I've always wanted a belt myself but they seem grossly overpriced to me. A heavyweight title belt seems to cost £300+. I wouldn't be able to justify that to myself. Maybe in a few years if I was loaded. :)

You'd be surprised! Take a look on ebay.com (not .ie - it does make a difference) and ya might get a good deal. I got my undisputed belt for €150 shipped! Which reminds me, I must get about selling that soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Completely agree

Minto wrote: »
    You'd be surprised! Take a look on ebay.com (not .ie - it does make a difference) and ya might get a good deal. I got my undisputed belt for €150 shipped! Which reminds me, I must get about selling that soon.

Yeah, but lately Ireland/FedEx have become a lot more vigilant with their customs charges fir anything thats not $45 or less on the shipping forms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yeah, but lately Ireland/FedEx have become a lot more vigilant with their customs charges fir anything thats not $45 or less on the shipping forms.

I told them to mark it as a gift and it was fine! Things have prob changed since last summer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

these are my bad boys!

got the world heavyweight belt at wrestlemania this year so i didnt have to pay ridiculous shipping and fedex taxes!

got my winged eagle from wrestlingworld, on sale and think maybe still is.
    twas the last one in stock and therefore had a slight mark on it barely noticeable and for that i got a free belt hanger and a supposed 10 pound refund that i have still yet to recieve! and that was in june, but apart from that they were real nice and delivery was super quick!!

• Advertisement

these are my bad boys!

got the world heavyweight belt at wrestlemania this year so i didnt have to pay ridiculous shipping and fedex taxes!

got my winged eagle from wrestlingworld, on sale and think maybe still is.
    twas the last one in stock and therefore had a slight mark on it barely noticeable and for that i got a free belt hanger and a supposed 10 pound refund that i have still yet to recieve! and that was in june, but apart from that they were real nice and delivery was super quick!!

Excellent belts. I've been strongly considering getting a Winged Eagle belt (to get signed by Bret) and i think its a hell of a nice belt. Would you happen to have a picture of the back of the blue strap? Is it the same colour of blue on the back, too? and are the screws still black?

Its an awesome belt.

I also have the world title, its also an awesome belt.

My favourite is still the current Intercontinental though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

dont have a pic but the back is exactly the same colour as the front.

not sure about the colour of the screws at the back of the black winged eagle but on my blue one, the screws are gold.. and a LOT of them i might add!
    hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I was just thinking today, i have the WWF Attitude era championship replica and was wondering if anyone knows of a display case/frame that i can get?

Here is my purpose:

I want to keep it in a good condition but also on display and preferably on the wall because i have kids that are in my house and they like the fact i have it but i dont like letting them at it much.

heres a picture of something i kind of mean >
    displaycase3.jpg

But one i seen was literally like a frame which had like a red velvet kinda thing.

anyone any ideas please?

I was just thinking today, i have the WWF Attitude era championship replica and was wondering if anyone knows of a display case/frame that i can get?

Here is my purpose:

I want to keep it in a good condition but also on display and preferably on the wall because i have kids that are in my house and they like the fact i have it but i dont like letting them at it much.

heres a picture of something i kind of mean >
    displaycase3.jpg

But one i seen was literally like a frame which had like a red velvet kinda thing.

anyone any ideas please?

I'm pretty sure you can buy those exact cases from WrestlingSuperstore.com and AJsBelts.com.

A frame, like the one Foley got the Hardcore title in (like a picture frame) would need to be custom made, and likely very expensive.

In other news:

Currently in production:

wwedivebelt.jpg

(:()

ecwbelt2-1.jpg

ecwbelt2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Currently in production:

wwedivebelt.jpg
    Can't ****in WAIT

ecwbelt2-1.jpg

ecwbelt2.jpg

My god, does that look ugly, way too messy.

I'd really like the World Heavyweight Belt now too.

As would all the other superstars on Raw. Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

ecwbelt2.jpg

Tut, Like wtf, its not even gold. kinda discredits the title.

Tut, Like wtf, its not even gold. kinda discredits the title.
    Omg, that never even crossed my mind, thats so true.

Its like winning this belt is the equivalent of saying "Well done, you came second!"
    lol

• Advertisement

Omg, that never even crossed my mind, thats so true.

Its like winning this belt is the equivalent of saying "Well done, you came second!"
    lol

Exactly, Who wants silver around his waist.

I quite like the ECW belt actually. The silver is different looking. I think its pretty cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wrestling belts werent always gold.

They were to me

dancor wrote: »
    They were to me

Pardon?

One of the versions of the WWF world title Hogan held was silver.

oldwwf~1.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    Pardon?

oldwwf%7E1.jpg

They might not have always been gold, nor have they disappeared from existence, obviously the ROH belt is an example.....

But in saying that, i think there is an underlined reason why it not being gold.

• Advertisement

They might not have always been gold, nor have they disappeared from existence, obviously the ROH belt is an example.....

But in saying that, i think there is an underlined reason why it not being gold.

I was replying to dancor.

I was replying to dancor.

Oh sorry for trying to put some input into the "discussion"

Oh sorry for trying to put some input into the "discussion"

Chill out, I never said contray to what you wrote. I was merely replying dancor.

Pardon?

oldwwf~1.jpg

Before my time Rovert :)

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/markhenry/photos1/2008photos/

Check out the first pic

Hot dam, i never realised it was this big!

:D;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement