Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are they now?!?

Options
  • 16-07-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Howdy all.

Just sitting in work tryin' NOT to listen to the radio.
    The very brutal "Mustang Sally" by the Co****ments is on.

Everytime I hear the backing singers sweetly croon "Ry-id sallee ry-id", it makes me wanna leave the country.

Anyhoo, where is that fat tub of lard Andrew Strong now?

In fact does anyone have any great stories about where Irish C-list musicians or artists are nowadays.

Irish ONLY please. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not C list, but Irish. Anyone know where Brando went? I thought they showed alot of promise... Did the lead singer go out on his own?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Anyone seen that mullet-wearing gobsheen Brendan Kilkenny lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

who was the irish guy, early to mid 90s , had a tache, looked like a bus driver. sang kind of bryan adams style adult orientated rock, husky voice, mid tempo...

was it brendan something...??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Last I heard (a couple of years ago now) Andrew Strong was touring America/Europe with a backing band doing all the Commitment/soul/motown type numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

noby wrote: »
    Last I heard (a couple of years ago now) Andrew Strong was touring America/Europe with a backing band doing all the Commitment/soul/motown type numbers.

I'm pretty 100% sure that they played a gig in Dublin recently too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

BarryCreed wrote: »
    who was the irish guy, early to mid 90s , had a tache, looked like a bus driver. sang kind of bryan adams style adult orientated rock, husky voice, mid tempo...

was it brendan something...??
    Brendan Keeley. I hate that I know that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Dudess wrote: »
    Brendan Keeley. I hate that I know that...

Was the 'hit' he had, called 'I'll always be lonely.'??

Pass the sick bucket please.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

I'm pretty 100% sure that they played a gig in Dublin recently too.

As far as I know, Andrew now lives in Holland and does a lot around Scandanavia and Europe.

My question to you is where are B*witched? *sharpens axe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

oldscoil wrote: »

==>He gets the same bus as I do to work, so obviously untalented ar$eholes with sh1t hairstyles aren't in much demand at the moment- then again, Amy Winehouse is doing alright for herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

==>Someone post a link- my curiosity must be alleviated, I can't believe I haven't heard this bloke.

Nobody mentioned Richie 'Aon fvkin sumtin or other' Kavanagh yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mr E wrote: »
    Not C list, but Irish. Anyone know where Brando went? I thought they showed alot of promise... Did the lead singer go out on his own?

Brand'o were a great band i actually saw there last gig ever. I can't remember the year. My memory is really vague but i think one/all/some of them moved to the US.

Review from cluas:
    The final act of the evening, Brando, could easily pass as a bunch of accountants if it wasn't for their lead singer, Elton. With his glowing smile, subtle stage moves and longhaired, puppy-dog sensuality this man was definitely born to front a band. It's not just the females who find themselves enraptured by his alluring vocals when he sings songs like 'Cherry Princess.'

Absolutely brilliant live, Brando's music frequently leans towards a Lenny Kravitz-esque psychedelic rock with strong, danceable grooves. Though a solid beat was perpetually present tonight, every song had a distinct identity. 'The Wasp Song' proved that the band can blend both a hard and soft edge to obtain an intensely dramatic effect. Tonight's highlights included the psychedelic love ballad 'Maniacal Mechanical', the excellent 'Moontree' with its melodic electric guitar intro, and the heavily groove-laden 'Highway 69.'

Brando are planning to go into a studio by month's end to record several new songs including 'The Wasp Song.' In the meantime they will continue to play headlining gigs throughout the country.

And amazingly boards to the rescue...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68937

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Maybe we should hold off on this thread till "this recession" kicks in and then blows over in a year or two.

"Remember that bloke Damien Rice, well he busks outside the Londis i work in on Dame street, well I say busk, but theres' not even any strings on his guitar, and he bangs of turps!" etc etc etc etc..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Blink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

oldscoil wrote: »

I saw him in a phone box in Manchester last month. Then I saw him again the next day. He walks around with a Dunnes bag and a big mullet so he's very easy to spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Ha! I remember him too. He really was alternative and/or indie ;)
    'Take The Chains Away' was another one...and he's still going strong!!

http://www.offalyexpress.ie/12306/Brendan-Keeley-to-launch-new.3865592.jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ciaran* wrote: »
    He walks around with a Dunnes bag and a big mullet so he's very easy to spot.
    Yeah, those Dunnes bags are pretty eye-catching all right... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Does anyone know what the lads from The Immediate are up to? I know Conor was touring with Cathy Davey, is he still touring with her? And I heard Pete did a DJ session somewhere a few months ago...?

Re. B*witched
    That blonde one started up a "touring performing arts school" around the country for a while. I remember seeing posters of a 1-week summer school back home in Cork at a studio I used to dance at for classes in "singing, acting and dancing". I don't think it took off.

Advertisement