Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing will i or wont i!!

Options
  • 16-07-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

im off work 2moro and want to go 4 lessons only all my friends are working will i just go by myself there will prob b group of people there anyways or is it sad goin by myself will i just wait till next week till my friends can go with me!! oh decisions decisions!!!!:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Nah, it's not sad, just go for it. Do you have anything else planned for your day off? I never rely on my mates to go surfing, the amount of times they've backed out last minute is a joke, I'd still never let it stop me going? Where you heading to?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

If I was to wait for my dopey ass mates to get their acts together I would never get wet. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

My friends kept pulling out too, so I went for first lesson on my tod.
    Its worth going tho, you'l have a laugh with the rest of the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Go for it, I went away for a weekend on my own to take lessons...not sad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Go for it. I took any lessons for it on my own. Better to get them one to one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

The only people that would think it's sad are people who have never surfed it before, they dont know what they're missing! Once you get into it you wont care if anyone goes with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

disaster guys!! decided id go on my sweeney todd rang d surf guy he said dere is no waves better off to go at weekend!!! ahhhh
    but thanks for all d advice will defo just go do it on my own so!!!feck my friends!!haha;)

just booked a lesson dere for weekend!! cant wait did a lesson last year and loved it!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

cue wrote: »
    If I was to wait for my dopey ass mates to get their acts together I would never get wet. Go for it!

Seems like a lot of us have experienced same. Still cant figure out why more of my mates dont wanna get wet but feck it, more room for us!

Tristram wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of us have experienced same. Still cant figure out why more of my mates dont wanna get wet but feck it, more room for us!

Same here. I managed to persuade a friend who had no interest to come with me one day just to try it, now I cant get him out of the water :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

c - 13 wrote: »
    Same here. I managed to persuade a friend who had no interest to come with me one day just to try it, now I cant get him out of the water :D
    Yeah I surf a lot more since I gave a friend an old board, its always good to have someone with you, I would say its essential on a quiet day, getting towards darkness or during the winter

well id love 1 of my buddies 2 come with me but can just never organise it pure sick of waitin 4 em. wanted to start in may now its middle of july and iv still not gone!! anyway as i said i booked a lesson for sat really excited now cant wait!!!yippee oh i have to start using the lingo now so narly dudes talk to ye later haha:cool:

Yeah if it is a group lesson go for it on your own if none of your friends will come.

I always prefer surfing with at least one other person, but you might even meet people at lessons that you will surf with later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

I love surfing on my own its the nicist feeling in the worl granted there are dangers... but back to the origanal topic

You wanna go surfing but your mates are working what else you going to ???

go surfing!!!!!

Im stoked cant wait I think its a group im goin with anyways il report back 2moro later dudes:cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I hope to go next sunday too, trying to finalise buying a board and wetsuit this week too for lady and me. Want to have everything sorted by the end of july!!

lordgoat wrote: »
    I hope to go next sunday too, trying to finalise buying a board and wetsuit this week too for lady and me. Want to have everything sorted by the end of july!!
    If she is smallish : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055337217

hey! just back fron surfing had great time!!glad i went on my own there were loads of others in the group my them selves too. can stand now no prob goin to go buy a board and wetsuit anyone know where d best place to get a board and suit are??? 2nd hand suit would b ok i think..:cool:

Personaly i'd be more likely to go for a new wetsuit and a second hand board.

You're in Cork so -
    Tubes
    Cant remember the name but its a discount surf wear shop (owned by tubes I think ?)

If you're not in a rush you'll save money by buying online (kingofwatersports.co.uk are getting some great ratings by board users here - have a look at the "Cheap Gear" sticky).

Just make sure that if you're buying a suit online you go to a shop and try on one of the same make to get your correct size. Much easier and accurate to order correct sizing that way.

cool c-13 thanks for the advice:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hey thanks for the offer, sent you a pm.

Advertisement