Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway race week - Heli pilots

Options
  • 16-07-2008 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Where do all the pilots come from?

It says also in the paper that executive helis are one of the biggest heli companies in North west Europe. Is that true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Where do all the pilots come from?

It says also in the paper that executive helis are one of the biggest heli companies in North west Europe. Is that true?

Do you mean these guys
    http://www.executive-helicopters.com/

A big part of their business is Robinson sales and we all know how a lot of the developers bought helis over the last few years to allow them show off their wealth, avoid the traffic and the plebs whilst visiting all their ongoing developments.
    Hell Sloane were setting up in Enniskillen to service all their Irish Augusta owners.
    AFAIK they sold more in Ireland than in UK a few years ago .

Of course over the last few years a lot of companies (e.g Jet365, Starair) appeared doing executive hire.
    What will happen to these companies now that the ar** has fallen out of the Celtic Tiger property boom and indeed with the hikes in worldwide fuel prices is anyones guess.

I also know there are numerous companies in the UK that do executive hire and I presume some of those guys will be over for race week just like they were around for the Ryder Cup.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

in '06 there was a heli a week registered in ireland, it was a boom time for sales and drivers. i hear that nowadays there are a lot of those for sale and a lot of pilots out of work, just heard of another irish opreator selling up today, lean times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

in '06 there was a heli a week registered in ireland, it was a boom time for sales and drivers. i hear that nowadays there are a lot of those for sale and a lot of pilots out of work, just heard of another irish opreator selling up today, lean times ahead.

There is a business opportunity there ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement