Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Occupying the Kids around Dublin/Wicklow

• 16-07-2008 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Have 2 weeks hols at the beginning of August so planning to leave Kerry & head towards Dublin with the camper for about 3 or 4 days & then down towards Wicklow. Haven't been to Wicklow for about 20 years. I have 3 kids (7, 5 & 3) + the missus. Definitely planning to visit the Zoo. Any other recommendations to occupy them in Dublin/Wicklow. Any recommendations on camp sites. Stayed in Camac Valley a few years ago. Is it best to leave the camper there & use public transport while in Dublin. Missus wants to ge to Dundrum shopping centre. Heard some stories of campers been broken into there. What do you think?. Should I use public transport to get there also. I would be grateful for any recommendation re sites or things to do.

Thanks.

T.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 champer

You would be crazy to bring the camper into the city no matter how good your driving is. I think the Luas goes close enough to Camac so you could drive to the car park and go from there on Luas. You could drive to Dundrum I would think, never done it myself but its a fairly secure carpark and I would say very monitored.

There is a nice campiste in Redcross Wicklow that is about 10 miles from Brittas Bay Beach, it is a lovely campsite. Otherwise there is one in Silver Strand (they have a website Woolahans I think). There is another campsite in Roundwood, think a bit dear but have never gone there. And one more in HIdden Valley (Rathdrum I think) but never was there either. THats all the campsites in Wicklow I think.

There is a bit to do in that area I think, lots of golf, kids farm in Greenane ??,& one in Kilquaid ?? Wicklow Gaol, there are nice swimming pools in Wicklow and Arklow towns. Of course there is any amount of walking in this area. I think in The Beehive pub they allow overnight parking and they do nice food in there.

In Dublin there is any amount of stuff to do, in Sandyford there is a place called Imaginosity, which seemingly is great for the kids and isnt too harsh on the pocket, you could definetly drive here on the M50. I am sure that they have a website anyway. there is the National Aquatic centre in Blanchardstown. THe Sealife Centre in Bray. Bray is nice enough for awhile on the seafront, bit tacky but kids love it and some nice pubs too :-)

Dont know what you are interested in so its hard. Hope some of this helps

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Thanks Champer for a comprehensive reply. You've covered quite a lot. Our interests have gone out the door with the kids!!!. Dublin - Sealife & National aquatic sound like they would be worth a visit. Thanks for info on Wicklow also. Must take a look at the map as my geography on Wicklow is very poor.

Many Thanks,

Tim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

www.visitwicklow.ie might be some help.

Bido:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Tim, been to the site in Rathdrum,Hidden valley,http://www.irelandholidaypark.com/ a few times.A great site for the kids,little boating lake,river to swim in,clara lara is just up the road,an adventure type kids place,bout 30 mins drive to the beach,redcross is a good site also but a lot more regemented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

just back from the campsite in roundwood €30 for the night for camper with electricty. It was good except for the Dublin ponces going on like school kids (and they wern't school kids) still it's a good base to start off from.

• Advertisement
Advertisement