Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDG Hits The Airwaves this Friday!

• 16-07-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey All,

I've contacted lots of radio stations and I'll be doing a few phone-in shows just to let more people know about the Non Drinkers Group.

I'd really appreciate a few call-ins to show your support if yiz have the time! :pac:

My first show will be on Newstalk this Friday morning 11 - 12. Eek...nerves!

Phantom FM wanted me to come into the studio but I can't make it so I'll probably be doing another phone-in next week.

Also, Ray Darcy Today FM is likely to give us a mention some time soon so keep your ears peeled!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Well done Fee!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Fantastic! Spread the word! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzus well done Fee, you're quite the PR guru :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Could also try last word...might be good to get the evening crowd?
    Perhaps not today but certainly the next time something drink related is covered...raise in pricdes, smoking ban, club hours etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bruno1

Well done on this, will look forward to listening in tomorrow. There was a discussion about non drinkers etc on the Ray D'arcy show a couple of months back, (maybe it was discussed on another thread before I came along), just wondering if anyone else had heard it, and what they though of it? Anyway good luck and hope it goes well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good on ya! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Fair play! ZE REVOLUTION IZ UPON US!

ill defo listen in, but ye never know, Tom Cruise from tallaght might call in :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'll hopefully be listening tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

Cheers for the support all :) eek. gettin' a bit nervous now.

Just keep everything positive, maybe mention how you'd welcome some commercial support etc. :)

Relax, and enjoy it

• Advertisement

Dang - they've decided that they won't have time to interview me today...but worry not cos I might be able to go on air on a different show later. I'll keep yiz posted!

zAbbo wrote: »
    Just keep everything positive, maybe mention how you'd welcome some commercial support etc. :)

Relax, and enjoy it

That sounds mighty professional :) I will mention that alright whenever I do manage to get talkin' to someone. I hope it's Sean Moncrieff. He's so cool. I once saw him in the RTE cafeteria eating a yogurt. 'Wow' I hear you say!

What kind of Yoghurt? :)

Keep us posted!

bah, thought i missed it

could someone record the other talk if its on l8r?

im workin a crappy 2 til 10 shift today :(

What kind of Yoghurt? :)

Keep us posted!

He was too far away to tell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DublinGuy07

wow thts great:)Feeonaw u r gonna b a celebrity...cool...im afraid u'll not b coming to the nondrinkers' meeting anymore...cos u'll b spotted in Lillies Bordello with other celtic stars..pls dont leave us:confused:

An unpaid celebrity :) hmmm...yes, very very unpaid

Hey All,

Myself and Roo were interviewed by Phantom FM yesterday! They're lovely folks in there :)

I think it went really well, but sure you can hear for yourself...we'll be on at 4.15pm today!!!

Crank up that radio to Phantom FM 105.2
    or listen online www.phantom.ie

Don't worry if you miss the show cos it'll be available from our website very soon.

Thanks to everyone for your support!

Good interview, nice one.

A few texts read out including mine ;)

boo-urns, I was listening at 4pm but then left the room and forgot about it :(

I'll have to listen online so!

• Advertisement

Good interview, nice one.

A few texts read out including mine ;)

sure you're famous now in that case ;)

To anyone that missed the show - fear not! we'll be posting the mp3 on www.nondrinkersgroup.com really soon!

And here it is! :D
    http://www.nondrinkersgroup.com/Phantom.mp3

Fair play lads, it came across really well :)

Any response from any companies yet, no? ;)

I haven't noticed a huge influx of new members here though, have ye?

I'd say if ye get on Newstalk there'll be more interest generated

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good work. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Great interview! More people are sure to stop by the boards for a visit, and it won't be long before a new 'non-drinking' wave hits the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭up the town

Cool interview, well done and please god others will jump on board, Not drinking is all the rage now in america with all the celebs. Maybe you will start a precedent here in this country.

Dave! wrote: »
    And here it is! :D
    http://www.nondrinkersgroup.com/Phantom.mp3

Fair play lads, it came across really well :)

Any response from any companies yet, no? ;)

I haven't noticed a huge influx of new members here though, have ye?

I'd say if ye get on Newstalk there'll be more interest generated

Yeah I'm workin' on gettin a Newstalk interview but Moncrieff is on holidays. I'd say it'll happen when he gets back. I probably won't be able to talk though cos I'm getting my wisdom teeth out! If that's the case I'll try to do more when I get back from travellin in December. Thanks :)

Just so ya know, Seán is actually back from holidays now! And he's still awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bruno1

Just listened to the mp3 of your radio piece, well done! It sounded really good, and I think it will get more people interested too.

• Advertisement

deadly buzz!

Haha everyone was tryin to dodge that bullet at the start :p

Advertisement