Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there more to being gay than merely sexual attraction to the same gender?

Options
  • 16-07-2008 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

By that I mean , do you feel that gay culture involves unique forms of expression? Is your gender and gender role important to you?.

I'm really just paraphrasing discussions I've seen on other sites, where it was explicitly stated that there is far more to being gay than just bedding another man.

what do others think?

regards
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well I would say there has to be both sexual and emotional attraction. (Could you see yourself having a full relationship with someone as opposed to just sexual encounters). Everything else (gay culture and expression) is down to the individual rather than specifically to do with sexuality in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I agree with stark.

Advertisement