Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant fees (an estimate)

• 16-07-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi All, just wondered if someone may be able to put me write on the avg cost of an accountant for annual accounts for a farmer..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

I'd imagine you're not getting replies because you're being a bit vague. What purpose do you need the accounts for? (just for tax?/other purposes).

And also how big/complex is your business? i.e. have you employees etc.

Giving some more information might help you get a response. Unfortunately I still wouldn't know as I work in a large practice so wouldn't be familiar with the fees for smaller businesses.

BTW it won't cost you anything to ring a few different accounting practises and ask for a quote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Based on an hourly rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Sorry for the lack of detail. We're talking about a small farmer, no employee's, pay contracters for usual work but annual income of ~15K with outgoings of ~10K. Accountant is basically doing the tax returns for in the income but its quiet alot so I'm just wondering..

More detail, books are kept for each year, accoutant is just doing the taxes, no paye, pensions or anything related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Sorry for the lack of detail. We're talking about a small farmer, no employee's, pay contracters for usual work but annual income of ~15K with outgoings of ~10K. Accountant is basically doing the tax returns for in the income but its quiet alot so I'm just wondering..

More detail, books are kept for each year, accoutant is just doing the taxes, no paye, pensions or anything related.

Considering the amount of paper work you must be doing yourself (which every farmer must keep up to date with) this may be one case where you might be better off doing it yourself. We're all friends here :D - how much are you paying?

I imagine you've also got other income - employee income, which complicates it less than you think.

There's always the option of giving your books to the Revenue and letting them work out your tax for you.

Is there any other reason you have an accountant doing this for you - are you trying to get a mortgage etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

i was quoted around 800 for the bookeeping/receipts etc and another 450 for vat for the year,so 1250 total but thats for 1 person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 rob accounts

I work full time in an accountancy practice but also do some work at home at a reasonable rate as I have my own practising cert. PM me if you are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

€450-800 all in down the country and double that in Dublin, but you could pay anyting up to €3,000.

Advertisement