Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Able to rewatch and record your own kills

• 16-07-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Think that would be really good. Sometimes you throw a frag and you kill 3. I'd love to see what it looked like on their kill cam or third person view. Same goes for really funny kills when you are trying to stab each other for ages but keep missing but then finally get them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

You can record yourself whilst playing Multiplayer by typing /record in the console!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

/record name
    /stoprecord

Plus theres a cod4player by Cybopat that you can playback your demos with. It has controls for slo mo, speeding up, 3rd person view and different angles etc.
    It's also what people use when recording with fraps, playback the demo and record from there to avoid the low framerate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Andyfbt

I'm on PS3. How do I record myself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Andyfbt wrote: »
    I'm on PS3. How do I record myself?

hook up a camcorder and point it at the tv

KamiKazi wrote: »
    hook up a camcorder and point it at the tv
    The nice way of saying this would have been: "Unfortunately I don't think you can record yourself on the PS3. Unless you use a camcorder and point it at the TV! :D"

• Advertisement

pfft nice vs. funny :D

we both know which I'll choose :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The correct answer actually is "get a proper games playing platform with user configurable options and commands" :p

This is just one of those things that highlights the fact that console market has a bit to go to get close to the full experience of PC. It's not just about the game itself, it's the bits and pieces like demos and TCs etc that really make a good game great. However, that sort of thing is not appealing to probably 80-85% of the people who buy and play games, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

All that said, I still reckon Console gaming is the way forward.

Kharn wrote: »
    Banned for talking sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

IF by way forward you mean that it will be all that's left because companys make a shed load more on consoles than they do for PC.
    You can see it in most shops now, out 5 shops that sold PC games in swords it's down to just the one.
    WE'RE DYING!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get near the PC in my gaf. Two little brothers hooked on World of Warcrafts the past two years!

• Advertisement

Banned for talking sh!te
    +1

Facts speak for themselves lads :) Look at your local games shop - it's over run with console games and there's a piss-poor selection for the PC. Look at the WCG - more console than PC gaming at it now. Writing's on the wall!

I will always pick a PC version of a game over the console mind you. You just cannot control what's happening on a console enough for my liking. I will fight the good fight till the bitter end (of my finances usually), there is no better platform for gaming than a PC, but we are becoming the minority.

What do I care if game shops only store Console games? I have a PC and the internet! I don't give a cr@p about game shops!

PC Gaming FTW! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

I'm on PS3.

dont bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Well her's my 2 cents (or no sense!):

I actually see the consoles being very good for the PC, slowly but surely more games are coming out for consoles first and being recoded/ported to the PC later. Crytek are the latest developers to announce they will be taking this route for future games.

This way they get the basic game to the console owners first and later a more finished superior (PC often has extra content added in) game to the PC user. The latest examples I can think of this happening are Gears of War and Mass Effect.

As to less games on the shelves in shops, I'm not surprised, with platforms like Steam in operation you can just download the content direct. Unless there is a special sale on it's cheeper to avoid the highstreet stores and just source the game online.

To go back to the original thread subject, now I know how to record myself in action I may over time put together a load of my best death scenes.

PC v Console is almost as boring as Gerrard v Lampard. It's a personal choice. I like both but have always prefered sitting in me bed playing Playstation

I like both but have always prefered sitting in me bed playing Playstation
    I prefer sitting at my desk downloading p0rn on my PC! :p

I agree Andy, and my appologies to all for dragging the thread in that sort of direction :)

I love my 360 just like I loved the PS2 before it and my Dreamcast before that! Delighted to have my console for fun, but my personal preference is the PC for more serious gaming.

I would really love more games to offer the opportunity to allow all players from all platforms play together on the same servers. There are loads of games where mouse/keyboard wouldn't make a blind bit of difference over a pad (the sports and racing games are immediately springing to mind here). I think with all the work that's been done with FPS' on consoles in the last few years (Killzone and Halo I think were the first I played that felt like it was a working control system), it's not gonna take too long to negate any percieved advantage. Higher sensitivity on the pads makes it move at a similar speed to a mouse, then it's just down to refinement of the user's thumb control :)

Joypads will never be superior to mice for aiming due to the fact that they have a max speed in each direction, whereas a mouse moves as fast or as slow as the user wants it to.

But hey, thats an argument for another day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Playstation controller does not come close to mouse and keyboard.

Years ago, in the days of Ninteno, I hated the idea of using a Spectrum or Amstrad, due to keys, Blehh!!!

But now, I can't see the advantages of controller over mouse, other than the whole sittin in bed idea??

Hey, maybe I can get wireless mouse/ keyboard combo? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

I had wireless before and wasn't the happiest with the response times for my first person shooters. That and the batteries running out at the wrong time and the mad scrabble behind my desk to get the wired keyboard/mouse plugged back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Kharn wrote: »

Bollox
    Banned for talking sh!te

+1, I'd like to see how bad Crysis would look on a console, I can just imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

PogMoThoin wrote: »

I'd like to see how bad Crysis would look on a console, I can just imagine

You'll get something similar with far cry2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Back to recording demos, I recorded quite a few on a zombie server on Tuesday, played them back and recorded again with fraps and viola, I made a montage. Heres the link http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wStel1Glcsk
    Enjoy!

Kirijoleth wrote: »
    I had wireless before and wasn't the happiest with the response times for my first person shooters. That and the batteries running out at the wrong time and the mad scrabble behind my desk to get the wired keyboard/mouse plugged back in.

Well I have a G7 (wireless version of Logitech's G5) and having owned a G5 prior I can honestly say there is no lag whatsoever on the mouse.

As for the batteries running out at the wrong time, Setpoint gives me at least 15 minutes notice before the battery dies in the mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Two years ago I would never have considered console gaming the way forward, however I now think differently. There are a number of reasons that I think that, however I'm sure most of you realise them already.

Not everyone can run and maintain a PC to really get the best out of it, however a console is really a no brainer. There isnt as much hacking and cheating on console games, however afaics PC gaming is rife with cheating and hacking.

As Kharn already pointed out just go and look at the shelves of your nearest decent games shop and the shelves pretty much tell the tale. If those shops are not selling PC games then the companies that put the money into developing them wont make it back and as such it will dry up.

I'm not going to cite the keyboard and mouse vs gamepad argument, however I'm pretty sure that that Sony/MS/Nintendo will realise soon that if they allow users to introduce their own keyboards and mice they will sell a shed more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Well I have a G7 (wireless version of Logitech's G5) and having owned a G5 prior I can honestly say there is no lag whatsoever on the mouse.

As for the batteries running out at the wrong time, Setpoint gives me at least 15 minutes notice before the battery dies in the mouse.

i dont use wireless peripherals,
    its personal preference, i just cant stand them,
    but with logitech i would say that the g7 is actually a very good mouse,
    i have a g5 myself and i couldnt see myself using anything else.

I have the older MX518. Best mouse ever made IMO! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Would be nice to be able to save replays, yeah.

Earlier today I was holed up in some building sniping at people (in the game, not real life) and had the entrances wired with claymores. Next thing I knew I was dead.

Saw on the replay that some cheeky little git had somehow gotten past my boobytraps and carefully planted a claymore right behind me :mad:

Made me laugh though, would like to see it again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement