Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360: Hard Drive save error?

• 16-07-2008 5:53pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So I was playing Rainbow 6: Vegas. Saved at a checkpoint.
    Anyway when I booted it up next I was miles back in the game.
    Anyway I thought nothing of it and presumed it was a bug in the game.

So I was playing GTA IV: Got well past the scene when Dmitri blew up Roman's flat.
    I took a break and when I returned, I was back just before the meeting with Dmitri at the warehouse (where little jacob shows up to help you.)

Do faults with the save game facility exist?

Also, the internal clock ALWAYS goes back to 2005 so I don't bother even correting it anymore.

I have the pro system btw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

jayteecork wrote: »
    So I was playing Rainbow 6: Vegas. Saved at a checkpoint.
    Anyway when I booted it up next I was miles back in the game.
    Anyway I thought nothing of it and presumed it was a bug in the game.

So I was playing GTA IV: Got well past the scene when Dmitri blew up Roman's flat.
    I took a break and when I returned, I was back just before the meeting with Dmitri at the warehouse (where little jacob shows up to help you.)

Do faults with the save game facility exist?

Also, the internal clock ALWAYS goes back to 2005 so I don't bother even correting it anymore.

I have the pro system btw.

You probably need to have a look in the Xbox Dashboard section for the hard drive and check if any of your saves are corrupted. It can also be a problem with the internal clock as you mentioned. The only workaround for this is to set the clock to current time before you start a game where you are reaching a difficult part. This means the next time you load it up, it will correctly load the most recent saved game. I don't think your progress in RSV or GTA are actually gone, they are just under the wrong date and time.

Advertisement