Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another NTL question?

Options
  • 16-07-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Which may make me think before I commit,

If they're tv reception is down as has been all too frequent the case of late(like the dark ol days of Cablelink) does the Broadband go down with it??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well it depends on the nature of the tv outage.
    If you are asking whether the broadband info uses the same cable as the TV then yes.
    However the two are separate systems from separate sources that are encoded differently so not necessarily. Of course if there was a power outage or something then yes.
    I am not making anything any clearer.
    Damn.
    goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

That sounds like a yes to me :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've had the TV go down once or twice but cable continued to work, but depends on outage type at end of the day

Advertisement