Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowing in DIT

Options
  • 16-07-2008 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Is there a rowing club in DIT?
    Is so is it an open club or do you have to go to DIT??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

http://www.ditsu.ie/index.cfm/level/page/Category_Key/10/page_Key/241/Content_Key/107/type/Page/PaGeName/Sports_Contacts.html
    Doesn't seem to be unfortunately for you...

But there are plenty of other things a sexy nurse could do! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭-Blanco-

Yes there is believe it or not, a DIT team competes at the National rowing university champs along with NUIM UCD TCD etc. Due to lack of facilities/funding etc I believe it is run out of some of the clubs on the Liffey with help and equipment from both Commercial and Neptune... AFAIK the only event DIT compete in is the Unis with the members rowing throughout the year as their original clubs i.e. Commercial, Neptune and Carlow-off the top of my head. So I'd say your best bet is probably joining one of the clubs on the liffey with help from the DIT rowing club-I'll PM you a contact number for the head of DIT rowing-and you can take it from there..

As can be seen rowing is not very well established within DIT which is a shame seeing as at the moment there are afew students with great rowing potential there not to mention others such as the OP here who would like to give the sport a try..

Anyway, new members are always welcome I'm sure! Hope that helps

*edit* In response to whether DIT rowing is an open club or not:
    I'd imagine you would have to be a student to be part of the DIT rowing club. As stated DIT just don't have the facilities for an independent rowing club. They operate out of several clubs which the students belonged to before they started college. However this means if you were to join DIT rowing you would have to row for one of the public clubs on the liffey anyway (i.e. Commercial/Neptune) because DIT have no boathouse or rowing equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev_rower

Yuuup there is a rowing club in DIT, was set up this year to row the uni champs but unfortunatly only got a few races in before it was cancelled due to bad weather! Im the captain of the rowing club by the way and will be setting up and developing the club futher this year so if anyone has an interest in starting or keeping up rowing in college send me a PM and ill get back to you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

open club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

when/where is training and is it open to females?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev_rower

i only started it in april 08 to race the uni champs, so the club is in its very early stages of development and its propably gonna come down to rowing out of a club on the liffey for DIT if we can get enough money and bodies to do that. But it would be open to everyone when its up and running. Just have to see how the funding goes this year after the races where cut short at uni-champs...if your really interested you can pm me your email or sumthing and i can keep ya's posted

Advertisement