Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish promod server

• 16-07-2008 6:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Having finally got my clan up and running (Link, featuring your much loved mod Steffano :P) I'm looking into getting a public server.

Now I don't know how many of you have heard about Promod, but basically it's a mod that improves the game for competitive gaming. For a full list of changes, check this article out.

So what I want to know is, would there be interest for a 16-20 man TDM/DM server running Promod 2.0?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It would be good, but to be perfectly honest, it won't get used. We are living in Ireland were 95% of players would rather a ranked server so they could try and get that golden AK. Irish E-Sports have a two PAM4 "skilled" servers, 1 TDM and 1 SD and they barely ever get used bar actual iE members.

Promods good though, glad they took out sv_fps 30 because the reg was far to random online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yeah thats what I was afraid of

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is it a mod that needs to be downloaded client side? I'd fancy giving it a go to see what it's like.

yeah it is kharn, use this link to find servers running if you fancy trying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I have to admit I really like Promod. Never heard about it until Kami showed me and I have to say I much prefer it to PAM4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Fair play to you lads for setting up another Irish clan. So have you left Animate Kami ?

There has been alot of talk about pro mod over at TWL. And the guys that made it are pushing it hard too , they sent out an email to every CoD TWL admin :P . As far as I am aware though the guys that made it are quite closely affiliated with CB so you may see them running leagues/ladders using it. From what I hear its basically a heavily modded PAM.

TBH I am not a fan of the reduction of the SMG power, even though I don't use them. I prefer the limitation of 2 SMG's per team, yes the 74u is crazy powerfull, but when limiting the weapon to two people that means you have to build your strats around them , which i quite liked, it just added another dimension to the game.

I also don't like the removal of ambient sounds and dust etc . To me it just seems like they are making it too easy :P . Although I do agree that the removal of the 1 min reminder is a good idea.

The rest I like and you have to applaud the guys that made it for doing so.

But tbh, I don't really see myself playing the mod too much, simply because I don't stay on one server for too long. I normally play a round or two and move on to the next server.

EDIT: BTW lads good luck with the new clan !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

No RPD sucks major ass in promod, played so much on pam4, that when I have played promod I hated it, and whats up with the default special nade being smoke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

ToughyIRE wrote: »
    and whats up with the default special nade being smoke?

Its like that on some PAM rulesets, its just a variable that can be changed.

ToughyIRE wrote: »
    No RPD sucks major ass in promod, played so much on pam4, that when I have played promod I hated it, and whats up with the default special nade being smoke?

lol as if anyone uses the RPD in matches :D

and smoke is far more useful than a flash in matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

KamiKazi wrote: »
    lol as if anyone uses the RPD in matches :D

and smoke is far more useful than a flash in matches.

but it just limits the game more, why not have it?
    Usually a flash man myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll give it a look this evening maybe - was busy last night. Thanks for the info.

Last "Pro mode" type mod I played was Orange Smoothie Pro for Quake 3!!! Curse my lack of decent PC for years...:) I missed out on all the COD games until 4 as well as a whole heap of other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rollie

i'ld be very interested in playing a bit of this, after reading the rules/mods it seems right up my ally. when were you thinking on making the final decision for your server? you could run all game types to cater for more peoples tastes (im a s&d fan myself). im definately going to give the mod a shot tonight. have you talked to any other irish clans about setting up some games even just for exhibition/trail runs to see if they would be interested in giving it a bash on a regular basis? could help create a bit of a following...

Advertisement