Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rabbi & The Lawyer

Options
  • 16-07-2008 6:56pm

A Lawyer and a Rabbi happen to be sitting next to each other on a flight from London to New York. The lawyer leans over to him and asks if he would like to play a fun game. The Rabbi is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.

The lawyer persists, saying that the game is really easy and a lot of fun. He explains how the game works. 'I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me, and vice-versa.'

Again, the Rabbi politely declines and tries to get some sleep. The lawyer figures that, since his opponent is a poor Rabbi, he (the lawyer) will easily win this game, so he makes another offer. 'Okay, how about this? If you don't know the answer, you pay me only five pounds, but if I don't know the answer, I will pay you five hundred pounds.'

The streetwise Rabbi wakes up at the mention of such a figure, so he agreed to play the game.

The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance from the earth to the moon?' The Rabbi doesn't say a word; instead he reaches into his wallet, pulls out a five pound note, and hands it to the lawyer.

Now, it's the Rabbi's turn. He asks the lawyer: 'What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?' The lawyer looks at him with a puzzled look. He takes out his laptop and searches all his references. He taps into the Air-phone with his modem and searches the Internet and even the Library of Congress. Frustrated, he sends quick e-mails to all his co-workers and the friends he knows, all to no avail. After an hour of searching for the answer, he finally gives up. He wakes the snoring Rabbi man and hands him five hundred pounds. He takes the money and turns away to get back to sleep. The lawyer, who cannot imagine what the answer is, and is going nuts trying to figure it out, is more than a little frustrated!

He wakes the Rabbi again and asks.

'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?' The Rabbi reaches into his wallet, hands the lawyer five pounds and goes back to sleep with a smile on his face.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

ahh a big smile on my puss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

The chair final manufacturing assembly is located on top of the hill the other 3 legs were fitted in Michigan but the fourth load bearing one made of teak is fitted on top of the hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

mumhaabu wrote: »
    The chair final manufacturing assembly is located on top of the hill the other 3 legs were fitted in Michigan but the fourth load bearing one made of teak is fitted on top of the hill.

Well myth, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I've no idea either, here's a fiver.

:facepalm:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Myth wrote: »

A dirty old man with a walking stick and binoculars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Ha, love that joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

Is it something to do with heather mills and paul mc cartney??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Homer wrote: »

No:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Homer wrote: »

nice :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Read at your own risk....
    Poop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

Yikes :eek: This is Humour remember???

I'd hide if I was you!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

My bad :o

Advertisement