Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cinema finally granted permission

• 16-07-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Hey all carla boardsie's:cool:

Did anyone else hear today that the new omniplex cinema finally got permission granted today?

Heard it on the radio coming home.:D

It got permission for an 8 screen 1500 seater complex complete with confectionary area.

Let me be the first to say wayhay FINALLY!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

pfft, unless it has a book store on one floor Im not impressed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

YYYYAAAAYYYY!!!! Wonder what their first films will be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

pfft, unless it has a book store on one floor Im not impressed!

+1 lol...

pity it wont be open to show the dak knight next thursday :(

we should have a boards film night on the first day it opens then head for beverages after :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

yay about bloody time too:pac::D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Dark Night best viewed in Imax! The first full feature film to be done in Imax I believe.
    Oh and woo for the cinema!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Now yiz won't have to come all the way to Dublin.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Now yiz won't have to come all the way to Dublin.

aye with our cinema in carlow that has existed for many many years... your just jealous cos no new ones built in dublin since the year dot:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Are there any more details about this anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

ye its going in on the second floor of phase two of the fairgreen(above) argos/next. So at least the unit is built and its only interior fit out to be done, might make it quicker to be open........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Nice one! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Who granted permission? Carlow Co Co or an bord pleanala? If the Co Co granted permission dont hold your breath as it will most likely be sent to bord pleanala with objections. This is what happened before. The cinema was to open shortly after fairgreen phase 2 opened but there was so many objections it went to bord pleanala who turned it down, issues such as the height of the building to not enough carparking. Wait and see if it appears in the papers next week if not dont get too excited.

did i hear they also got permission a couple of weeks back for a multi storey car park in the fairgreen, that would solve the problem of not enough car park spaces...

lotdpd wrote: »
    that would solve the problem of not enough car park spaces...

I didnt think it was that big of a problem, Ive never had problems getting parked there.

It would be on a sat or sunday which its full of shoppers along with the people coming to cinema..... that was one of the reasons it was rejected last time along with many others.

now they might cut the grass accross along the wall at new oak

i can't recollect which it was granted permission. I only heard it in passing on the radio on the way home from work. Hope its an bord pleanala...I heard them say revised plans were accepted so either way if it is the council that passed it maybe the new revised plans will satisfy an bord pleanala.... I can't for the life of me think what was revised as the height of the building was the main objection, and they are hardly going to lower it like. Maybe it was the multi storet car park? Anyone hea anything else?

The building is higher than was allowed under the orginal application back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bring back the coloseum! a flea-pit but it had character compared to todays clinical cinemas

anything is an improvement on the one as it stands...lol..

Article in the Nationalist this morning about planning permission been granted for the cinema! Hopefully it wont be referred now to an bord pleanala.

stick-dan wrote: »
    anything is an improvement on the one as it stands...lol..

My sitting room is an improvement on the current cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

My sitting room is an improvement on the current cinema.
    So is mine. I have a nice surround sound system - Carlow cinema currently has worse audio than my alarm clock radio

blacknight wrote: »
    Carlow cinema currently has worse audio than my alarm clock radio

rofl

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Article in the Nationalist this morning about planning permission been granted for the cinema! Hopefully it wont be referred now to an bord pleanala.

here's hoping but it probably will be but since it is revised who knows maybe just maybe it may get through, *crosses fingers!
    blacknight wrote: »
    So is mine. I have a nice surround sound system - Carlow cinema currently has worse audio than my alarm clock radio

lmfao :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I guess the new cinema is never coming then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

foggy_lad wrote: »
    bring back the coloseum! a flea-pit but it had character compared to todays clinical cinemas
    Hear Hear. A cinema's not a cinema unless it has a balcony, and a screen that doesn't look as if it might fit into your
    sitting room.
    I still go regularly though, because I believe it's the best place to see a movie.
    The price of stuff is atrocious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

stick-dan wrote: »
    here's hoping but it probably will be but since it is revised who knows maybe just maybe it may get through, *crosses fingers!

lmfao :D
    Okay, that shows how much i know. I thought the sound was the only decent thing about it.

steve66 wrote: »
    Hear Hear. A cinema's not a cinema unless it has a balcony, and a screen that doesn't look as if it might fit into your
    sitting room.
    I still go regularly though, because I believe it's the best place to see a movie.
    The price of stuff is atrocious though.

we all know they make there money from refreshments etc and not ticket prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

looks pretty imminent so... cheers

• Advertisement

cool they coming..hehe new cinema *lil dance*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

racso1975 wrote: »

ssssh, everyone look away

no one is hiring! there are no jobs! look elsewhere!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

Well Folks!
    Just wondering, is there any news on the new Cinema in Fairgreen yet? I thought the planning was sorted and they were recruiting... 6 months ago??:confused:

Apparently, there are issues regarding lack of parking.

Yep thats true they in the process of conceptual designing either a multistorey or underground carpark in fairgreen.

myself and my lovely lady were just discussing a multi-storey for Fairgreen the other day.

We think that if it went behind Auto Planet it wouldn't be too much of an eyesore, and it would be relatively easy to get into and out of (as fairgreen parking goes)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Apparently, there are issues regarding lack of parking.

They wouldn't have got planning permission if that was the case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

never understood the parking problem in fairgreen considering the size of woodies carpark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I agree with Iamhunted
    It is not as if the multiplex would ever be 100% full...
    In fairness a new state-of-the-art cinema complex would have been one way to soften up locals and make it less difficult getting planning permission for that God awful looking building..
    anyway I can't understand why there is not a one way system into Fairgreen..the parking is a joke...

I think the same fate happened in Newbridge with regards to the Cinema - false promises all that.

The issue of parking and planning permission etc was discussed in this post previously. Omniplex had an ad on the website for a manager for the new cinema in Carlow. All I want to know is when will it open!!!!!! I think at this stage its on the long finger, which is crap as cinemas in general do very well in a recession!

puppet shows anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

punch and judy ftw!

testicle wrote: »
    They wouldn't have got planning permission if that was the case...

well that's what was in the Nationalist so don't shoot the messenger :)

they can give planning permission, once they complete the stipulation in the contract for permission, within a specific time. most likely 3 years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yay 8 showings of igor!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

ShayK1 wrote: »
    well that's what was in the Nationalist so don't shoot the messenger :)

*BANG*

eh, you shot me you A hole :D

....this is sparta!!!!!!

This is carlow actually:rolleyes:

sparta is thattaway:cool:
    >

oh sorry.....

this is

CEA! THAR!! LACH!!!!

Remember the old cinema? One of the last movies I saw in there was The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie ( I think)

• Advertisement
Advertisement