Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is chicken and beans ok for dinner?

• 16-07-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

am trying to lose weight on a low carb diet by watching what i eat?
    Can i have a whole tin of beans, half the tin? am not sure. i love bread. what about wholemeal bread, again how many slices if any? I worked hard in the gym today, covered about 20k using sit down bike, upright bike, treadmill and cross trainer. have been eating weetabix during the day with plenty of water. i know this is probably bad, yes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

well if your following a low card diet you need to avoid tinned baked beans as the sauce contains a lot of sugar. Wholemeal bread would contain carbs but is a very good food in a balanced diet. Instead of a particular diet try and aim for a balanced healthy diet. Keep up the cardio and try to add in some weight training.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks a lot siochain. I put the beans in the fridge and the bread was gone off anyways, so i just had the chicken! :-( well it was nice though! i did enjoy it. i put it in the oven. which is the healthiest? better for losing weight again! grill, then bake, then boil, or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

which is the healthiest? better for losing weight again! grill, then bake, then boil, or?

It's much of a muchness if you're not frying. I bake mine with some schwartz chicken seasoning / spices on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Looperman, I really think it might be a good idea for you to read the "Nutrition 101" sticky...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Looperman, I really think it might be a good idea for you to read the "Nutrition 101" sticky...

+1

Also, buy a diet book, if you want to do low carb, then 'Natural Health and weightloss' by Barry Groves is an excellent read. Plus Barry gives you 60g a day to play with, leaving a lot more variety in your diet.

1. Buy a book (whatever plan you choose, low carb, low GI or low fat)
    2. Follow it to the letter.
    3. Keep following it (in a less strict format) for the rest of your life

A lot of people forget step 3 when embarking on a diet, but if you realise have to eat that way for the rest of your life you're more likely to choose a plan that you can stick to long term. Check the recipe section of all the diet books in Easons!

• Advertisement
Advertisement