Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4 stuttering at 60fps

• 16-07-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Specs:
    Asus P5K Deluxe, Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz, Tuniq Tower, 512MB Club3D HD4870, 2x 2GB GSkill PC2 8000, 2x 36GB Raptors Raid 0, 1TB Samung F1 Sata, Corsair TX750W Psu, X-Fi Fatal1ty, Thermaltake Armour, 24' Samsung Syncmaster 245B, Nostromo N52 Gamepad, Saitek Eclipse II, Saitek GM3200 Mouse, Vista64
    I'm experiencing stuttering in both single and multi but yet still getting a constant 60fps. I've tried lowering the settings but it makes absolutely no difference, but i should be well able to max it anyways. I've even tried a different mouse driver and fiddling around with the sound settings. I usuially disable antivirus and other running applications when i game so its none of these either. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Pog.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'd guess its either PB or your net.

Enable lagometer (cg_drawlagometer 1) and you should see what's making it lag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I'd guess its either PB or your net.

Enable lagometer (cg_drawlagometer 1) and you should see what's making it lag.
    But he's got these problems when playing Single Player too!

Is that "512MB Club3D HD4870" any good? Do you have the correct/latest drivers?

Might be Vista 64 causing problems mind you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Found the answer after a google, I've gotta enable dual graphics cards even tho I've only got one. loads of peeps having the same probs. It sorted the problem straight away for the single player. I'm also using the "pb_sleep 500" command in the console in multiplayer to relax punkbuster updates as this could be causing issues also.
    Is that "512MB Club3D HD4870" any good? Do you have the correct/latest drivers?

Ya, have latest drivers for everything, fresh install last week. Don't underestimate the 4870, its a monster gpu, can play Crysis on all High details and max COD4 @ 1920x1200, all for €209 :D

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Found the answer after a google, I've gotta enable dual graphics cards even tho I've only got one. loads of peeps having the same probs. It sorted the problem straight away for the single player. I'm also using the "pb_sleep 500" command in the console in multiplayer to relax punkbuster updates as this could be causing issues also.
    Sound! Glad you got it sorted! ;)
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ya, have latest drivers for everything, fresh install last week. Don't underestimate the 4870, its a monster gpu, can play Crysis on all High details and max COD4 @ 1920x1200, all for €209 :D
    Sounds like a great card for that price! Excellent in fact!

Sounds like a great card for that price! Excellent in fact!

Yep, great value, thinkin bout adding a second since i got the mobo to support it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Bang-for-buck it's unquestionably the best card out there. Thinking about selling my brother my 8800GTX so he can have SLi and I'll get one of the 4870s :)

I was getting a bit of slow down yesterday too playing some OldSkool FFA when I was getting in close to knife people - will investigate some of the suggestions here though, thanks :)

To think I bought a 8800GT seven months ago for €350 EUR...

Well actually, the girlfriend did so it's not that bad! :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My GTX was €560 a year ago :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Kharn wrote: »
    My GTX was €560 a year ago :(

same here :pac:

Kharn wrote: »
    Bang-for-buck it's unquestionably the best card out there. Thinking about selling my brother my 8800GTX so he can have SLi and I'll get one of the 4870s :)

Wait for the 4870X2, demolishes the 280GTX, and suprisingly also better than the 4870 Xfire.

cod2560.jpg
    hl22560.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement