Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT: (possible) Scavengers Delight

Options
  • 16-07-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

So tomorrow morning where I live (north inner city) is a hard rubbish collection day. Stuff like tables, chairs, beds etc you can leave outside your gaf and the council will take it. You're meant to leave the stuff out at 8am but I think a lot of people will be leaving it out on the street tonight.

And of course, hopefully some bikes will be left out by fetid ding dongs who dont realise it doesnt take much effort to bring them back to life, or to strip them down and sell the frames on eBay. I will probably take a spin around the 'hood later on to scope out any potential goodies. I'll post up pics if I get anything interesting...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

BUT THAT@S STEALING! THEFT! ARREST THAT MAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

flickerx wrote: »
    So tomorrow morning where I live (north inner city) is a hard rubbish collection day. Stuff like tables, chairs, beds etc you can leave outside your gaf and the council will take it. You're meant to leave the stuff out at 8am but I think a lot of people will be leaving it out on the street tonight.

And of course, hopefully some bikes will be left out by fetid ding dongs who dont realise it doesnt take much effort to bring them back to life, or to strip them down and sell the frames on eBay. I will probably take a spin around the 'hood later on to scope out any potential goodies. I'll post up pics if I get anything interesting...
    Good idea! It's amazing what good stuff people throw out, and you're also helping the environment by saving landfill space and the extra fuel consumed by the trucks collecting these items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

blorg wrote: »
    BUT THAT@S STEALING! THEFT! ARREST THAT MAN!

Its 'inner city Dublin' rubbish, which mean's the bikes are probably already secondhand-stolen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

recycling at its best :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mairt wrote: »
    Its 'inner city Dublin' rubbish, which mean's the bikes are probably already secondhand-stolen :D

Yes, we're all thieves around here. To a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

So, what gems did ya pick up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

same thing going on in Raheny ... saw the stuff outside all the houses this morning if you felt like having a look out that way too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

el tonto wrote: »
    Yes, we're all thieves around here. To a man.

Ah don't take any offence, I'm a Summerhill fella' me'self!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Raam wrote: »
    So, what gems did ya pick up?

I didnt bother doing the rounds in the end, I was too knackered and went to bed early, had a long day yesterday involving the airport. That place just exhausts me. But I had a glance at some of the crap on my road on my way to the siopa this morning, didnt see any bikes. Was all just old bits of carpet, wrecked furniture, other stuff of no interest.

Yeah fuggin righ' i'll bleedin rob yer car next time in de nort innerciddy etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

flickerx wrote: »
    I didnt bother doing the rounds in the end, I was too knackered and went to bed early, had a long day yesterday involving the airport. That place just exhausts me. But I had a glance at some of the crap on my road on my way to the siopa this morning, didnt see any bikes. Was all just old bits of carpet, wrecked furniture, other stuff of no interest.

Yeah fuggin righ' i'll bleedin rob yer car next time in de nort innerciddy etc etc

Spotted a lovely steel Peugeot frame round my way when they were doing the collection a few months ago. By the time I got back someone else had grabbed it. However, a neighbour gave me a steel frame bike needing a bit of tlc last weekend. She was dumping it, so I'm using it to try and build up my repair/restoration skills.

Before you ask flickerx, I don't think I'll be converting to a fixie, it has those reversed, slightly angled dropouts, I don't think they're suitable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement