Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in galway

Options
  • 16-07-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just back from a year travelling and was amazed by penneys in eyre squares transformation. So much easier to shop there. Where is zara though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

i don't think there is any zara here

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

no zara unfortunately. Nearest probably athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Maybe Youre thinking of Warehouse? that is up beside topshop.. galway has gotten a bit better for ladies clothes alright! i get lost in penneys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Zara is moving into the defunct Taaffes on Shop Street. There were workmen there today! as I supped my coffee watching a bunch of buskers make eejits out of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Maybe Youre thinking of Warehouse? that is up beside topshop..
    eh? where's topshop? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Edward Sq..beside hmv, a-wear, next etc..wow , a zara? cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Edward Sq..beside hmv, a-wear, next etc..wow , a zara? cool!
    doh!! oh yeah - I totally like forgot (blonde moment) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Edit: answered my own question!

Galway is still horrible for men's shopping though. Anyone else noticed that the guys section in Penneys as magically shrank. Don't even get me started on the one in New Look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Galway is still horrible for men's shopping though. Anyone else noticed that the guys section in Penneys as magically shrank. Don't even get me started on the one in New Look.

That's because Galway men are not supposed to wear clothes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

ha ha,
    my lad shrinks tho, i swear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Zara is moving into the defunct Taaffes on Shop Street. There were workmen there today!

wat do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

turf wrote: »
    wat do you mean?
    they are fitting out the shop, it should be open near the end of august so they say

Where are all the buskers going to go then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

minxie1 wrote: »
    they are fitting out the shop, it should be open near the end of august so they say

so like to the left or right of taffes?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zara isn't that great. For basics it's grand, but with somewhere as small as Galway you're just going to end up seeing other people wearing the same clothes.

Nice that there is going to be a bit more choice though.

Where are all the buskers going to go then?
    they will stay no matter what

janeybabe wrote: »
    Zara isn't that great. For basics it's grand, but with somewhere as small as Galway you're just going to end up seeing other people wearing the same clothes.

Nice that there is going to be a bit more choice though.

for a city that has such a mixed population most of our shops are unsuitable for many things.(size etc)
    take sligo for example great new (ish):D:D shopping plaza, great shops ie,
    river island, pull and bear, monsoon etc, these are massive stores, bigger ranges. you can barely get in the doors sometimes down here thats how small they are.
    i want a bigger river island:eek::eek:

minxie1 wrote: »
    for a city that has such a mixed population most of our shops are unsuitable for many things.(size etc)
    take sligo for example great new (ish):D:D shopping plaza, great shops ie,
    river island, pull and bear, monsoon etc, these are massive stores, bigger ranges. you can barely get in the doors sometimes down here thats how small they are.
    i want a bigger river island:eek::eek:

I agree. Having said that, I'm back home in Cork now and it's nothing to shout about!

There is a reason why I shop online!

janeybabe wrote: »
    I agree. Having said that, I'm back home in Cork now and it's nothing to shout about!

There is a reason why I shop online!
    and a greater choice:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ah yes Galway and shopping if your male there is sod all. If your female you better be in the narrow band they cater for.

My OH would not be the tallest person in the world (good goods in small packages) so when I used live in Limerick she really enjoyed having all the petite sections (esp in next). So when we saw the new big next in Galway we though finally they might have a petite section without having to order from a book. But oh no why would they.

kayos wrote: »
    Ah yes Galway and shopping if your male there is sod all. If your female you better be in the narrow band they cater for.

My OH would not be the tallest person in the world (good goods in small packages) so when I used live in Limerick she really enjoyed having all the petite sections (esp in next). So when we saw the new big next in Galway we though finally they might have a petite section without having to order from a book. But oh no why would they.
    bigger lasses in galway:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Galway isn't great for shopping at all. For a city you'd think there would be a few bigger names.

Zara is class. Can't wait. There is a bag I need from there!

Galway isn't great for shopping at all. For a city you'd think there would be a few bigger names.

Zara is class. Can't wait. There is a bag I need from there!

Zara is great for bags. I got one there last year and I constantly have people complimenting me on it. I have never seen anyone with the same bag either, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Is there a H&M in Galway? I've seen a lot of people with the carrier bags . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There isnt one afiak, there is one in Athlone though

Advertisement