Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I play .avi files on my xbox 360 via media centre?

• 16-07-2008 10:03pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So I have some .avi movies on my computer.
    Is it possible to plug in the ethernet cable and stream the movies so they'll appear on my new HDTV that I have connected to my 360?

Also, is it possible to plug an external harddrive straight into my 360 and play them like that?

I'd appreciate any rough guides if any of this is possible.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yes.

I've had trouble getting avi files to play via MC on Vista but tversity works perfect. [it's got a great setup guide with it]

on the external, needs to be formatted as fat32 I believe. NTFS isn't supprted :/

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

kaimera wrote: »
    Yes.

I've had trouble getting avi files to play via MC on Vista but tversity works perfect. [it's got a great setup guide with it]

on the external, needs to be formatted as fat32 I believe. NTFS isn't supprted :/

Thanks. Having a look at tversity now.

And if I format to fat32 it'll lose everything on my harddrive won't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yeah, you'll need to backup the hdd before ya format.

Media Centre is handy if you can get the movie playing. On mine, avi files wont even play thru MC on the laptop. They play fine in other video players so I dunno :/

tveristy is v good. Plays everything and can transcode as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Can you backup a 500 gig HDD to FAT32?

Advertisement