Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Free" 2 Ltr bottles of 7Up free In Tesco Coonagh Limerick but with a catch !!!

Options
  • 16-07-2008 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Tesco Coonagh were handing out free 2 Ltr bottles of 7up free, at their branch in Coonagh Limerick, Only on my way home I discovered the catch, Once the bottle was opened half the contents spurted all over the place as if it was shaken. I gathere someone dropped a pallet of them and this was the best way of off loading them without customer complaints,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Tesco Coonagh were handing out free 2 Ltr bottles of 7up free, at their branch in Coonagh Limerick, Only on my way home I discovered the catch, Once the bottle was opened half the contents spurted all over the place as if it was shaken. I gathere someone dropped a pallet of them and this was the best way of off loading them without customer complaints,

I always thought that effect only lasted for a while ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I gathere someone dropped a pallet of them and this was the best way of off loading them without customer complaints,
    Either that, or someone put mentos in at the factory :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

To be honest, the bottles of 7-up I buy here in tesco/dunnes or anywhere all do the same regardless whether it is buy 1 get 1 free or not.

I don't know why but with 7-UP it seems to be always very gaseous and takes quite a while to open a new bottle of it, even if its been sitting in the press for a few days .. It still explodes! Very annoying..

I havn't noticed it with coke or the likes, doesn't seem to be so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sometimes the bottles have just been filled with too much gas in the factories! I remember one time being in a shop and 3 bottles of Diet Coke exploded within a minute of eachother. They had been on the shelf for days, just the pressure had built up and BANG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

kmart6 wrote: »
    Sometimes the bottles have just been filled with too much gas in the factories! I remember one time being in a shop and 3 bottles of Diet Coke exploded within a minute of eachother. They had been on the shelf for days, just the pressure had built up and BANG
    That is the reason all pressurised drinks bottles have curved edges so that they can take the excess gas pressure..

8717700001023_200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

its a "gift" from tesco for spending over €25! They were doing the same in Nenagh last week and this week they are giving out lyons teabags! Im a barrys man myself :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I bought a 2l 7up the other night, it fell off the car seat and rolled around for ten minutes till I got home. I gave it to my hubby to open. Twas funny.

All diet drinks seem to be extra fizzy regardless. Diet club orange is always a disaster to open even if you carry it like its nitro glycerine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Lol what a bitch...say he loved you for that!

Advertisement