Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shopping in the north

• 16-07-2008 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

just went up the north on tuesday for a days shopping and the deals to be got are unbelieveable,talk about rip off ireland.the difference when u convert your money is unreal.drink and clothes and also wii and ps3 are way cheaper.

its worth a look just to compare prices first brfore christmas.

the quays and buttercrane are the pleaces i went to,also tesco is surposed to be even cheaper but did not have time
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

gnashman wrote: »
    just went up the north on tuesday for a days shopping and the deals to be got are unbelieveable,talk about rip off ireland.the difference when u convert your money is unreal.drink and clothes and also wii and ps3 are way cheaper.

its worth a look just to compare prices first brfore christmas.

the quays and buttercrane are the pleaces i went to,also tesco is surposed to be even cheaper but did not have time

Drink wise, there are bargains to be had and especially with Guinness and Magners to name two brands. The snag is, in comparison to off licences this side of the border, the range of beers is woeful so unless you drink the mega keg brands, you may be found wanting a decent brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

so true
    but if you were having a party you can save a fortune on spirits.the good stuff not the cheap crap .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Hamndegger wrote: »
    in comparison to off licences this side of the border, the range of beers is woeful so unless you drink the mega keg brands, you may be found wanting a decent brew.
    I find the complete opposite to be the case (unless you make the mistake of going to Dunnes). Sainsburys tends to carry the brilliant Whitewater ale range (Belfast Ale, Clotworthy Dobbin) as well as stuff from Meantime, Harviestoun, Titanic, Brakspear, Wychwood and a bunch of other top-class UK breweries.

Tesco tends to have a good range as well.

Though I'll grant you that "decent brew" is a somewhat subjective term.

Advertisement