Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fav Tna Wrestler

• 16-07-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Aj Styles never fails to disappoint
    Quite like samoa joe and kaz too..o and christopher daniels

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Enjoying Kaz, Jay Lethal and MMG at present. Nice to see Kaz getting pushed (or at least he was).

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Have never watched TNA myself, must check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tomko..Nuff said.. And AJ Styles because of his theme song :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Theres a lot of talented guys in TNA, but due to the f*cked up booking in TNA, I can never watch it long enough to have a favorite. Tis a pity really!

Um, i dunno about booking, but as far as storylines go, you did see the end of this weeks RAW, right? It reeked of "We're WWE, here's what we showed you on PPV in 2000, but we're sh*t out of ideas so we'll give it to you again eight years later for free until the monkey comes out of quarantine to think of new ideas!"

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

Have never watched TNA myself, must check it out.

Neither have i.

I really still don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

I don't think tna has particularly great storylines
    either but i think some of the matchs with the likes of aj and kaz in them are much better than wwe

But I really don't wanna get into a tna/wwe debate here

Um, i dunno about booking, but as far as storylines go, you did see the end of this weeks RAW, right? It reeked of "We're WWE, here's what we showed you on PPV in 2000, but we're sh*t out of ideas so we'll give it to you again eight years later for free until the monkey comes out of quarantine to think of new ideas!"

VR!

Yea, you're right. The end to RAW was f*cked up. I never said WWE is putting out a superior product. Actually, I'm gonna say it now. WWE does put out a superior product. As for WWE rehashing storylines, there are only so many storylines ya can do in wrestling before it becomes repetitive and ultimately stale. But what also happens, is that the audience changes and therefore it becomes new to people and its only hardcore and long term fans who feel this way. I highly doubt half of the people watching RAW last week knew Austin was ran over by Rikishi in 2000 (although I thought it was 1999, no?). I've gone pretty far off track here and apologise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE might be slightly reusing an angle from years ago, but aren't TNA reusing an angle from this year for their World Title?

I haven't watched TNA in a couple of months, apart from the last PPV, so I'm not too sure about who's doin well there at the moment, but my favourite wrestler there would be Alex Shelley. Fantastic wrestler

Fozzy wrote: »
    WWE might be slightly reusing an angle from years ago, but aren't TNA reusing an angle from this year for their World Title?

Your right actually! Didn't they make the X division guys fight over who gets to carry the X division title? Oh Russo, WWE misses you!

• Advertisement

Minto wrote: »
    Your right actually! Didn't they make the X division guys fight over who gets to carry the X division title? Oh Russo, WWE misses you!

I'm not saying TNA are picture perfect, they are far from it. What gets on my nerves are the pro WWE fans who can't see the wood from the trees. WWE may be putting out a superior product as far as their Smackdown brand is concerned, but RAW is far worse to watch than Impact since the draft. Between a bad use of their champion and horrid storylines involving JBL and Cena.

I guess my point was, if you're going to bash one promotion for being dumb, don't dismiss your favourite one for pulling the exact same sh*t.

Back on topic: From the knockouts division, gotta love Angelina Love & ODB.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Fozzy wrote: »
    but my favourite wrestler there would be Alex Shelley. Fantastic wrestler

Agreed, has a great combo of charisma and actual wrestling skill. I've heard comparisons with Y2J and i can see what people mean there.Like to see him in WWE at some point, if they used him properly of course which is often a big if with them.He's got great ptoential and at 25 could end up being very successful.

Also really like James Storm as a potential talent, with honourary mentions to Styles, Daniels, Joe and of course Christian.

I also like Petey Williams, or at least his finisher, it looks brilliant

I guess my point was, if you're going to bash one promotion for being dumb, don't dismiss your favourite one for pulling the exact same sh*t.

Its not the exact same sh*t though. Let's just keep this for the podcast like we agreed.
    gotta love Angelina Love & ODB.

Em...I agree with the first one, but why on earth do ya like ODB? To quote JR, she's bowling shoe ugly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Back on topic: From the knockouts division, gotta love Angelina Love & ODB.
    VR!

I hope you're referring to her wrestling skills because looks wise Angelina Love is a dog. And you slag Ashley Massaro?

D-FENS wrote: »
    I hope you're referring to her wrestling skills because looks wise Angelina Love is a dog. And you slag Ashley Massaro?

As i've said before, if i want eyecandy, i won't tune into wrestling. I watch wrestling to try and find some shread of what i enjoyed watching over the years, sadly all hope of that is dissolving month after month.

I'll agree with Angelina Love in recent months, she's gone downhill a lot. But she was hot a year ago. Something Ashley can't ever say. :D

VR!

Minto wrote: »
    Its not the exact same sh*t though. Let's just keep this for the podcast like we agreed.

No? Survivor Series 2000 - Austin dumps HHH from a car in a crane to end the PPV

RAW - March 2002 - Hogan dumps Rock into an ambulance and rams it with a truck

RAW July 2008
    JBL props Cena against a car, and proceeds to ram into him

But of course, it's not the same sh*t is it?

Em...I agree with the first one, but why on earth do ya like ODB? To quote JR, she's bowling shoe ugly!

You're warped in the head if you turn on wrestling on the TV looking for beauty queens.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Back on topic, ATM my favourites are Beer Money Inc, Scott and Petey (although i think Steiner got injured) the Dudleys and Tomko. Technichally I love AJ and Angle and Daniels but I just don't like what they are doing with them storyline wise. Come to think of it, I adore what they are doing with Nash ATM, handling him well.

As for the WWE vs. TNA debacle, I don't understand why people just don't realise that it's a trade off, better storylines in the WWE. better wrestling in TNA. People also have an awful habit of cherry picking the WWE storylines when they compare, completely forgetting about the first hours on Smackdown and Raw and ECW completely

You're warped in the head if you turn on wrestling on the TV looking for beauty queens.

VR!

A side from finding ODB, completely unattractive, I also find her character nauseating! I'm not gonna reply anymore cos we're gonna have this out on the podcast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

a few months back it was curryman but the impact shows i attended curryman wrestled all dark matches so i knew then tna mgt had zero plans to push him despite being super over with the live crowd

at the minute its probably the beautiful people, great heels and they are headlining impact now which shows how far those girls have come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Christean Cage is the back bone of that company, They don't have a harder more consistant worker. He is invaluable to the TNA.
    If TNA go down tomorrow the one thing that can be taken from it is there contribution to womans wrestling in the USA. The knockouts are the best thing on impact theses days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

I have to agree Cage is awesome. I hate to say it but i hope he goes back to the WWE... readdy made World Champ.

Christian as a world champ in WWE? Not a chance at this stage, He has a handy number in TNA at the minute regarding road schedule. Unless TNA goes tits up, he'll be there for some time to come. Although for as long as Dixie's daddy's company is funding TNA, it could be there a while and if it did go under. Christian would probably retire or go into training by that stage.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Christian as a world champ in WWE? Not a chance at this stage, He has a handy number in TNA at the minute regarding road schedule. Unless TNA goes tits up, he'll be there for some time to come. Although for as long as Dixie's daddy's company is funding TNA, it could be there a while and if it did go under. Christian would probably retire or go into training by that stage.

VR!

I doubt it. If TNA went under today Christian would be one of the first guys the WWE would sign. He works well with Jericho and Edge. Has a load of cult fans. Is good on the mic and is experienced without being old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Luas Lane wrote: »
    I have to agree Cage is awesome. I hate to say it but i hope he goes back to the WWE... readdy made World Champ.

Let me echo VR, if he was Championship material he would be right now in WWE. His title run in TNA was a flop.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I doubt it. If TNA went under today Christian would be one of the first guys the WWE would sign. He works well with Jericho and Edge. Has a load of cult fans. Is good on the mic and is experienced without being old.

I'm not disputing that, but WWE didn't use him properly before, so why would they have a change of heart now? And remember, Christian left WWE, not the other way around. WWE offered Christian the contract and he turned it down. Probably because he knew he wouldn't get any further than midcard status with the company.

History speaks for itself dude.
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'm not disputing that, but WWE didn't use him properly before, so why would they have a change of heart now? And remember, Christian left WWE, not the other way around. WWE offered Christian the contract and he turned it down. Probably because he knew he wouldn't get any further than midcard status with the company.

History speaks for itself dude.
    VR!

But VR him, Edge and Gangrel could reform THE BROOD! ;)

LOL, i'm walking past that can of worms too :)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

rossie1977 wrote: »
    a few months back it was curryman but the impact shows i attended curryman wrestled all dark matches so i knew then tna mgt had zero plans to push him despite being super over with the live crowd

Probably because there planning to bring back daniels soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Christopher Daniels is a great wrestler and while Curryman is entertaining enough the movesets are very different and as CD is not getting any younger,he must be at the 36 mark now i'd rather see some more quality performances from the Fallen Angel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

AJ Styles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Christian and the dudleys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

CAGE

Advertisement