Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zoxna trip-mine?

• 16-07-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭

www.zoxna.com

Have a look under the products section or take a look at the airsoft-news article here

If this thing is for real and actually works then MilSim games are going to get real interesting for ambush players.

I love this game, first the Torando, now a bouncing betty. One thing you can say about airsofters, we have a habit of finding a way when there is a want.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Looks good, but i'd imagine it'd take a while to fill with BBs :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Looks the biz, id love to see on working in the flesh.,:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

There are video's of it about - unless they've added a better fuse system, the delay is WAYYYY too long for it to be of any practical use.

Which is a shame really because otherwise, it's a fantastic piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

It goes off instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

It can also be set with a delay by filling it with oil according to the review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Not just any oil. Motor oil. Castrol GTX.

... somewhere in a shop in Cabra V-Tec has just shivered with surreptitious pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Boru.

Yep. Instant detonation, or delay, though that can be tricky there's no clear guage to measure the oil/delay ration, though I have a fair idea of it now. Oh, I forgot to mention I have one - in black. It's very sexy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Have we any idea of cost? Boru. did you spray yours? and how long to get these in? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

tjhey come in black or silver and cost €100 inc vat aand shipping
    they get my vote above a tornado anyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

www.zoxna.com

Have a look under the products section or take a look at the airsoft-news article here

If this thing is for real and actually works then MilSim games are going to get real interesting for ambush players.

I love this game, first the Torando, now a bouncing betty. One thing you can say about airsofters, we have a habit of finding a way when there is a want.

But this is no where close to a Bouncing Betty, or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

aha - now this is new then. I checked on these a few months back and it never mentioned any such thing. just had a few demo video's.

if the delay is adjustable then i may just have to get me some o these!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭BFSL

Not just any oil. Motor oil. Castrol GTX.

... somewhere in a shop in Cabra V-Tec has just shivered with surreptitious pleasure.

You dont fill them with oil, they are already filled and they advise not to open them, as for the delay, there is two settings, 3 or 9 second delay.
    If this is seen to be advertisement please remove. I am just getting involved in the conversation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

When first announced there was a lot of speculation about the time delay mechanism - mostly about possibility to be adjusted. Possibility of adjustment is there and it is simple and ingenious. You have to take apart the time delay mechanism and fill it with motor oil. Yes, you read it right- motor oil. Probably and motor oil should do it, but manufacturer specifies that 15W40 is best used.

Taken from the review. Note the highlighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Boru.

Sorry Hive,

Derek's right. The review actually states in the 6th paragraph third last line -
    (as in our case - GM-1 came pre filled with oil, which we drained out)

As did mine. And the warning on the packing accompanying this did say not to disassemble the detonator. That said, it's not as complex as the tornado and presents no major problems.

To answer your questions iceage, Trigger is right, and the shippping was less than 7 days.

And trigger - there's no comparrison to a tornado. I have a few of those two, and while this can be thrown, as such, it's too heavy and could present a danger. There two seperate pieces of equipment, entirely. It's like comparing a sniper to an mp5 - they both shoot bb's, but they have different uses, rates of fire etc. I wouldn't use a tornado for a trip wire device, and I wouldn't use a tripwire device as a tornado. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

All the youtube vids say 18 second fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

I got 1 of these grenades this evening of Derek in MIA;), I have to say guys this is the best grenade your ever going to buy:eek::eek::eek::eek: It's bloody awesome 360degree spread at speed, as soon as he set it off in the shop I wanted it:D:D

You will not be disappointed with this grenade....period!!! Expect to see these in use in every skirmish site all over the country, nothing comes close to it!!

Bren

18 seconds!:eek:
    the game would be over by the time you got it to fire.,

vtec wrote: »
    18 seconds!:eek:
    the game would be over by the time you got it to fire.,

3 and 9 second timer Richie;) It's just pure class!

that sounds lot more usefull, im lookinf forward to trying one out., :)

vtec wrote: »
    that sounds lot more usefull, im lookinf forward to trying one out., :)

You will be impressed mate... in fact I'd say you'll just buy it straight away for this weekends skirmish;););)

• Advertisement

In fact turn it upside down when setting it off and it jumps up of the floor a few inches, it'll hit everyone in a room no problem... and I mean everyone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

we just got a few of these babys :D:D they are nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

there the dogs balls !
    got a show in Glenns today i want ten !!!

Advertisement