Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Interest savings accounts

• 16-07-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if it is possible to put a lump sum into a high interest account, that can feed into a regular investment account. I am talking about 15k here.
    Seem silly to set up a regular saving when I have the lump but could earn more with a regular saving. Can I use one to feed the other.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 norre

The answer is yes and no. If by feeding you mean a direct debit from the lump sum saving to the regular saving then no as deposit a/cs can not take direct debits. However if you are willing to manually shunt the money around, easily done with internet banking, then yes this would be a very good plan and quite doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JosephSBK

ShoreBank, the bank that I represent, offers a High Yield Online Savings Account with a competitive interest rate of 3.50%. You can link up to 6 accounts to your ShoreBank savings account to electronically transfer funds between accounts. If I can answer any questions about ShoreBank's High Yield Online Savings Account please do not hesitate to ask. Find out more information about this account by clicking here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

JosephSBK wrote: »
    ShoreBank, the bank that I represent, offers a High Yield Online Savings Account with a competitive interest rate of 3.50%. You can link up to 6 accounts to your ShoreBank savings account to electronically transfer funds between accounts. If I can answer any questions about ShoreBank's High Yield Online Savings Account please do not hesitate to ask. Find out more information about this account by clicking here.

No offence but that rate is highly uncompetitive in the current market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Are you authorised to operate in Ireland?

• Advertisement

No offence but that rate is highly uncompetitive in the current market

With INGDirect's APY at 3.00% and HSBC's at 3.50%, we feel our interest rate is very competitive, but feel free to comment on this if you feel differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

With INGDirect's APY at 3.00% and HSBC's at 3.50%, we feel our interest rate is very competitive, but feel free to comment on this if you feel differently.

Do you realise your audience on this website is primarily based in Ireland?.

Most banks here are offering 4.5% as a minimum.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Do you realise your audience on this website is primarily based in Ireland?.

Most banks here are offering 4.5% as a minimum.

I appreciate you providing the information about your location. I was trying to provide information about the bank that I represent, but this information may not be pertinent to residents of Ireland. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wise Investor

It really depends on how long u want to "park" the 15 K Fist Active offering 5+% for 5K ..National Irish are offering 4.45 % for 5k to 20 k. Rabo is nother AAA rated bank worth considering for peace of mind at the present. Alternatively join an invest club and learn to manage yr own invetsments typical target for club would be between 10 and 30 per cent per annum. hope this helps

Advertisement