Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lewis Painter Banned

• 16-07-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

Adrian Lewis and Kevin Painter have been banned from the PDC following their fight back in april

3 months it took them to review 1 incident, i'll never understand it

anyway,

the bans were identicle in the charges for both players
    for
    Violent conduct,
    Foul Language,
    Ignoring the tournament directors instructions

however the bans handed out were different

Lewis
    6 months ban, 4 months suspended, £400 fine
    Painter
    3 months ban, 2 months suspended, £200 fine

Painter was also fined £100 for foul language to another player in a different tournament

Raymond Barneveld was fined £250 for behaviour likely to bring the game of darts into disrepute

now i dunno but seems a bit harsh on lewis, same charges and he gets a bigger ban, and from what i remember last time, painter was the aggressor

wonder what actually happened

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wonder what Barney did?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

yeah im not sure, couple be something simple like throwing his darts away or a dodgy interview or something stupid, they seem to want supreme behaviour from their members but i think thats unrealistic and unfair, sometimes things get heated in a big battle, so what, if it came to actual blows maybe reprimand them, but cursing, REALLY, in this day and age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Barney was also fined for throwing liquid into the public area at the UK Open Finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Very out of charecter for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

What is the point in fining professional darts players £200/£250/£400? That's seriously a piss take of a punishment really when you consider what Barney, Lewis, and Painter come away with every year.

Im sure Barney is reaching for the bankruptcy forms as we speak following the collosal fine of £250!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement