Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Doggy get together

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LovelyTom wrote: »
    Whatever.

What's your point?

You need to relax, Tom. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

place is fine so guess it's down to the time.

Will put it to a vote and Saturday 5pm is deadline.

Is that OK with everyone?

2pm ,3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm ?

Will count them up and most votes will stand as the time to meet

If you can't be there at that time I'm sure some will still be around for a while so I don't think it will be a problem to join in late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

I can be there at anytime but after 5 is best because then dogs are allowed off lead but it's not enforced before then really but just to be safe.

Ok we have one for 5 so we can start the count I'll go with five as well that makes two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

5 is good for me too and can I just say that even if theres only 4 of us I almost think thats better then 10,gives the dogs a real chance to play and us to keep a eye on them!

Cant wait for you and your madras all to meet my big Staffie man lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

5pm is fine with me.

Ok sounds good! So 5 pm on saturday or sunday?

The date was 27th sunday. Hope everyone is ok with that.

Sounds good! See everyone there!

5 it is so. some one suggested to meet at the main gates before going in.
    Looking forward to meeting you's all.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Did you guys meet up ?? I was there at 5.10pm and walked around the park but didn't see a bunch of people with doggies anywhere....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

well no one is on here yet maybe there r making a night of it?????

Same here 5.30 got lost I went all over the park from gate to gate had a collie and grey hound with me seen lots walking dogs but none in groups I'm not long home I didn't leave till about 7.15 did anyone manage to meet up ?

I'm willing to try again but maybe some were I'm more familiar with next time. It was a long journey for the dogs in this heat and as I got lost on the way it was very long.

BlackCat2008 I can't believe you were there !!! We probably walked past each other. You're so good for coming all that way and the poor dogs in the heat. Mine was panting like mad too in the back of the car. we'll have to exchange mobile numbers or something cos thats a great shame that we didn't meet up. I would have LOVED to have seen your greyhound !!

MissyN wrote: »
    BlackCat2008 I can't believe you were there !!! We probably walked past each other. You're so good for coming all that way and the poor dogs in the heat. Mine was panting like mad too in the back of the car. we'll have to exchange mobile numbers or something cos thats a great shame that we didn't meet up. I would have LOVED to have seen your greyhound !!

I think that would be a better idea next time, what type of dog did you have with you. I'm so sorry I missed you sharky didn,t even get a game of football I was that busy looking for everyone. But they sure are quiet tonight the sea air seems to have knocked them out. such a shame. Maybe in two weeks time we'll try again.

I was there too but I didn't notice anyone I thought may have been one of you lot. I was there with my border terrier. Maybe a bit more organization next time?

Sorry to have missed you to tom. I seen a few boreder terriers but like us all I don't think we really want to make asses out of ourselfs by going up to everyone and asking are you from boards. I'm up for another try seeming some of us turned up, I think we just have to organize it better too. I don't mind anyone having my no. (I have a few) next time and stand and wait for everyone.

Yeah I think another try is worth a go. How about a bit later in the evening when there's less people about and just everyone wait at the gate or one person says what they'll be wearing or something like that?

Have to say it's alonely park, I didn't realise it was so big, I parked on the strand road and went looking from there. Did the dogs good any way the cats are having their happy hour and the foxes are singing away and not a word out of them I might even sleep well myself tonight. I think it's worth another try at least. how about two weeks time?

Two weeks time would be fine with me. I think its a great park for the dogs to have a good run around and play together but I'm not sure its fair for BlackCat2008 to travel all the way from the southside. Its a bit of a trek for me coming from Swords but I just don't like to think of you making a really long journey. Did it seem very far for you BC2008 ???

• Advertisement

On the way there yes as I went by the map but I know all the short cuts now so I it shouldn't take me to long next time I know were I went wrong and It didn't take half as long to get back so I'm ok with it. But may be we could do one on north and one on south every two weeks and try to find somewere in the middle so no one has to travel to far. I'll go through the maps and see what I can find I don't have the kids this week as there of on hoildays with my mam so I can take the dogs anywere to try and find somewere in the middle that would suit all. Not sure were everyone is living but give me a thumbs up to one of these and I'll start looking in that area a long the strand, somewere just further in or of the M50. Sorry again I missed you's all.

I'm thinking the Pheonix Park might be a good half way point ??

I could only bring sharky (collie) to pheonix and would have to keep him on the lead he is no good with traffic so I could only let him of far away from it as long as he has some one to play football with.

I wouldn't muzzle the grey hound as he was rescued from the travelers and I know he's been through a lot so it wouldn't be fare he has also been coursed and broken several leads so I don't want to put any other animals in danger ie rabbits, hares or squrrils, He is a real gentleman and a big teddy bear and gets on with small dogs as he would have been brougth up with them. I don't let him of the lead anyway as he tends to wonder of.

I'd be happier in St. Annes now that I know the way. I looked up the maps and there is a place called Elmgreen not sure if it's a park but will check it out during the week it's just of the M50 so easy to get to and not to far from the pheonix so it's still somewere in the middle I know a few with grey hounds/lurchers wanted to come and I don't think they'll go to the pheonix either no one wants to have to muzzle thier dogs.

I'll check it out any way if that sounds ok to every one.

Well I'm more than happy with St Annes. I'd hate to see any of the dogs muzzled. Thats no fun at all for them. Looking forward to the next time anyways....:)

Will we put a date to it?

Well this weekend is the long weekend and people might be away so maybe the following weekend on the Sunday ???

MissyN wrote: »
    Well this weekend is the long weekend and people might be away so maybe the following weekend on the Sunday ???

What date is that? I'm away till the 11th but feel free to go without me if it doesn't suit everyone else

yeh the date would be the 10th, you'll miss this one and I'll miss the next one so I'll meet you in six weeks so, but I think if it works at all not everyone will always be able to get there so we really need to keep it open for everyone coming and going. But if you get back early come on down. I'm hoping not to get talked in to staying were I'm going then I can meet you's again in four weeks time as well.

yeh the date would be the 10th, you'll miss this one and I'll miss the next one so I'll meet you in six weeks so, but I think if it works at all not everyone will always be able to get there so we really need to keep it open for everyone coming and going.

This is true BC2008....I'm not going away again until Sept so any Sunday is good for me....so just let me know and I'll be delighted to meet up...

• Advertisement

We could try this sunday again if anyone wants to, The only problem is I'm always on call so I'm never 100% until the last minute what I'm doing but I'll be happy to give it a try any.

Advertisement