Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just back from Boston and miss it, can Cork make me love it again?

Options
  • 17-07-2008 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

Well I'm only two days back from Boston and I loved it over there. As a born and bred Corkonian I love this city but even though my stay in Boston was a short one, ten days, I fell in love with the place.

If you didn't want to go to the pub at night there was plenty of other things to do.
    During the day you could explore new places in the city itself from old historic sites to strange shops.
    The subway system was fast and cheap and regular.
    The views and the whole sense of life over there was great and really swept me off my feet.

In some ways the place reminded me of Cork and there were aspects of it that I really would like to see in Cork, such as the improved variety of nightlife so that you aren't confined to pub culture. Also the sense of excitement in always finding something new about the place.

So what can I now do in Cork to rekindle my lifelong love affair with it?

Obviously the weather and prices don't help matters but still there has to be somethings that can make me fall back in love with the place again!

Strolling through the market, Shandon, UCC, the Marina.....all great things about this place but I need more ideas.

Does anyone else feel this way too or have you ever felt this way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Move back here :p It reminds me of Cork sometimes aswell, but it has some weird downsides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭the_follwer

NEEEEEEEEEEXT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

the grass is always greener.......

There is plenty to do in Cork, go outside the city and go mountain climbing, hill walking, kayaking, cycling, canoeing, orienteering, hunting etc. There is so much to do...

There is always going to be more to do in Boston city itself compared to Cork city, what is it 20 times bigger? 4 million people compare to 200,000.

Go to the Cork City UEFA cup match tonight, or follow the hurlers to Thurles on Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Not only am I going to City's UEFA Cup match tonight but I'm going to the away leg in Finland too...I've been going to Turners Cross since as ling as I can remember (and Bishopstown for the little hiatus there too!) so that's be one of my favourite things about the place.

Oh and if you don't own a car or motorbike it makes getting out of the city a lot harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Move :D

Cork will always be 'home' for me....could never live here permanently again though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

no. its a kip. and its full of langers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Well done.

I'm sure I'll love the place again...time sorts everything out!

Advertisement