Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip to Ballycoolin Industrial Estate

Options
  • 17-07-2008 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

Heading out to a job interview st IBM tomorrow in the Ballycoolin Industrial Estate, and as I can figure, the only way to get out there without a car is the 40d bus?

Can anyone advise where about on the bus route I should get off?

http://www-05.ibm.com/ie/ibm/codetail.html

Its the 2nd one down, the IBM Sales & Support Centre Map.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

The 238 goes right into that estate and runs from the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre every 30 mins as far as i know.
    If your coming from town the 39 will drop you into the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

OR get the train from lexslip to consilla trains station jump on the 39 there to the shopping centre and then get the 238.

Or get teh train to castleknock station and walk around the corner into blanch village and catch a 38b
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Ballycoolin%20Business%20Park&SelectedRoute=38b

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I think there's road works going on around Rosemount Ind. Est. at the moment, the 40D normally goes that way from town to Ballycoolin and onto Tyrrelstown. Just might want to bear that in mind, not sure if the road is actually open or if the bus would take a diversion, but allow plenty of time to get there if unfamiliar with the buses and directions.

The 40D is a good route actually and will leave you at the main entrance to Ballycoolin Ind. Est..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Varkov wrote: »
    Heading out to a job interview st IBM tomorrow in the Ballycoolin Industrial Estate, and as I can figure, the only way to get out there without a car is the 40d bus?

Can anyone advise where about on the bus route I should get off?

http://www-05.ibm.com/ie/ibm/codetail.html

Its the 2nd one down, the IBM Sales & Support Centre Map.

Cheers in advance.

:D I work in the Ballycoolin Industrial Estate. If you know where the National Aquatic Centre is, (on Snugborough Rd), the Estate is at the very top of that road as it intersects with Ballycoolin road.

So, your best bet is to simple ask the bus driver nicely to inform you when you've arrived at the stop closest to the National Aquatic Centre.

Oh, and the sign at the entrance to the park says "IDA Business and Technology Park" which always confuses everyone as IBM advertise it as Ballycoolin Industrial Estate on their website. Just look for the park with the triple barrier system in place with speedbumps.

BTW, you can get a bus to the Blanch Centre and get a taxi at the rank there. It'll cost only a few euro and it's only a 3 min trip by car. Plus all the local taxi's know where IBM is.

Good luck in the interview, IBM are a fairly good company to work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

The 40d is coming down through Stadium bussiness park and then continuing on normally past Rosemount buss. park and stopping outside the IDA estate.
    Be warned that the 238 goes down through Ladyswell first before going to IDA estate, the 236 is the one to get, it goes from centre down Snugborogh road and in to the IDA estate. It goes every 15 minutes, where as the 238 goes strange times.
    238 bad
    236 good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Ended up getting a lift over anyway, so much hassle was avoided, the advise will be usefull though if I get the job, so thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Varkov wrote: »
    Ended up getting a lift over anyway, so much hassle was avoided, the advise will be usefull though if I get the job, so thanks everyone.

Oh, so long as you didn't screw up the interview, they'll hire you. They are always desparate for staff there (Well in the sales & support building anyway. The sales lot are a bit more selective)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Hey, sorry for digging this up but I also need to be at IBM tomorrow and im coming from town and I have never been to Dublin West before so what bus do I need to get before I get the 238? Or should I just get the 40d straight from Parnell St?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Hey, sorry for digging this up but I also have an interview at IBM tomorrow and im coming from town and I have never been to Dublin West before so what bus do I need to get before I get the 238? Or should I just get the 40d straight from Parnell St?

Hmmm, well it wont take Sherlock Holmes to work out who you are if someone from IBM reads this thread which I know they do and They'll be able to see everything you have posted for the last few years and on top of that Do they want to employ someone who more than likely will be reading and responding to posts on boards during Business hours?? hmmm

Good Luck tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hmmm, well it wont take Sherlock Holmes to work out who you are if someone from IBM reads this thread which I know they do and They'll be able to see everything you have posted for the last few years and on top of that Do they want to employ someone who more than likely will be reading and responding to posts on boards during Business hours?? hmmm

Good Luck tho

Seriously? The guy is asking for directions...

Get the 40D straight from town if you are coming from the city centre.

• Advertisement

Seriously? The guy is asking for directions...

Get the 40D straight from town if you are coming from the city centre.

Pff there are at least 100 people who work out on the damastown campus who use boards from work and easily the same if not more on the snugborrough campus.

You'd drive it in 25 mins or you could get the train to castle knock station and then get the 38, instead of going in to the city centre.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Pff there are at least 100 people who work out on the damastown campus who use boards from work and easily the same if not more on the snugborrough campus.

You'd drive it in 25 mins or you could get the train to castle knock station and then get the 38, instead of going in to the city centre.

I don't drive im afraid! Is the 38 near enough the station? This would suit me better as im on the dart line and could get to Connolly easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

The 38 stop is close to Castleknock train station but won't get you as close as the 40d to Ballycoolin.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

the 38 goes rigth into the damastown campus and some od them go via the ballycoolin campusit just depends which one you are traveling to.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/38a/
    uses leave terminus at:
    Route Variations

a Via Castlecuragh Estate, Blanchardstown bypass and the Navan Road (Route 38a)

b Via Castlecuragh Estate, Ballycoolin Industrial Estate, Blanchardstown bypass and the Navan Road (Route 38a)

v Via Ballycoolin Industrial Estate

h Via Blanchardstown Hospital

Thaedydal wrote: »
    the 38 goes rigth into the damastown campus and some od them go via the ballycoolin campusit just depends which one you are traveling to.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/38a/

Thanks Thaed, im going to Ballycoolin. The 40d brings me out there alot earlier than I need to be so was just thinking train might be handier!

Advertisement