Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dis, Dat, Dese, Dose, Dere...

• 17-07-2008 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard the fella doing sport on RTE thats is incapable of pronouncing his "ths"?

I think its James Short

Dats the Sport

De mancheshter united manager

and so on

It drives me up the wall, surely someone in the RTE mothership needs to have a word..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Tom Lyons the Business Correspondent on Newstalk was the best ever when it came to numbers with TH's.
    Listening to him talking about the 'Markets' really cracked me up. shares in BP have gone up Terty Tree % while the price of oil has gone down Tree dollars per barrell & house prices in Dublin are generally up a Terd on last years prices, while savlon has gone down Terty tree & a Terd over the last Tree days . . . . :)
    and dare I say that there is nothing wrong with people not pronouncing their TH's (thats just the way some people speak) but surely not when they are on Prime Time Radio talking about World financial markets! and the thing with Tom was that his TH problem (with numbers) was sooo pronounced that it was all I listened to ~ he's gone from Newstalk now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Turd not terd

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

He should use the Peadar Flanagan technique.

"Coming up to the fooinal furlang sniff it's Brayav Queyan in the lee -ad sniff with Windyhoal in second and Brayav Bantam in surd"

Surd, that's the way to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

wouldn't have a problem with someone speaking a bit of dublinese.
    better than yanks canadians austrailians etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Howya Gay.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement