Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosport HD

Options
  • 17-07-2008 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Sky launched Eurosport HD yesterday, was watching the Tour in High Definition, fabulous pictures. You can even read the riders names of the bikes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

What are the other HD channels like, I'd get it only for the extra €15 a month. It's a bit steep since there's only a few channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

ob wrote: »
    What are the other HD channels like, I'd get it only for the extra €15 a month. It's a bit steep since there's only a few channels.

And it's 149 for the box, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'd love sky hd, but think there'd be too much hassle installing it in the apartment! Signed up for their shared apartment dish thing, but heard no more about it, so think it's a non runner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Regular Sky+ is down to 49 euro now with Sky+ HD at 149 (down from 300).

Sky+ is *de business* - pause live TV - indispensable!

I got Sky HD earlier this year - it's brill. The pic quality is excellent. We watched "Lost" a week late on Sky One HD just to see it in HD (rather than on RTE).

More and more stuff is being transmitted in HD. Wimbledon and Euro 2008 were in HD on BBC.

daymobrew wrote: »
    Sky+ is *de business* - pause live TV - indispensable!

NTL's DVR is similar -not quite as good, but totally agree on the pausing live tv!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

What is this 'live TV' you speak of ?

No Cable/Satellite + Good TV + XBMC + Internet = Quality Viewing.

Add Dbox + Cable when sports fan.

Verb wrote: »
    What is this 'live TV' you speak of ?

No Cable/Satellite + Good TV + XBMC + Internet = Quality Viewing.

Add Dbox + Cable when sports fan.

It's the legal way of watching programming ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Legal Schmegal !

I've got extra legal kudos from stopping at red lights. This is evened out by illegal tv downloading.

Advertisement