Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request : Ladies Road bike

Options
  • 17-07-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Looking for a cheapish 44cm roadie for the missus. She is gonna give the cycling a bash! I know its very hard to find something this small but if anyone has any ideas i'd be greatful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

mkdon05 wrote: »
    Looking for a cheapish 44cm roadie for the missus. She is gonna give the cycling a bash! I know its very hard to find something this small but if anyone has any ideas i'd be greatful.

I am 5' nothing and my 1st bike was a Trek 1000 size 43cm. I still use it to commute and as a winter bike and it's great. The new Trek 1.2 version is much nicer though
    They do a Female version too, but the men's bike is much nicer I think. ( oh and it's a triple too )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Trek do the 1.2 in a Woman Specific Design version, starting at 43cm.

EDIT: I see Caroline beat me to it!

blorg wrote: »
    Trek do the 1.2 in a Woman Specific Design version, starting at 43cm.

EDIT: I see Caroline beat me to it!

I saw a Ladies version at Joe Daly's last week ( I am pretty sure it was a 1.2 ). That's where I bought my Trek as well a few years ago. They sell for about 650/700 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

cheers caroline, she is 5 foot too so maybe the trek 43cm is the way to go.
    Was hopin to pick up something second hand to see if she'd be into it but I reckon because of the size it will have to be a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

The Giant SCR I put up in the Giant SCR thread would not be a million miles away in terms of size (the guy who is selling it is 5'2 tops I reckon).

• Advertisement

cheers caroline, she is 5 foot too so maybe the trek 43cm is the way to go.
    Was hopin to pick up something second hand to see if she'd be into it but I reckon because of the size it will have to be a new one.

I am not selling you mine :D

You might still be able to pick up a second hand one from a Junior racer... you know, kids grow up pretty fast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    The Giant SCR I put up in the Giant SCR thread would not be a million miles away in terms of size (the guy who is selling it is 5'2 tops I reckon).

Nice bike alright, but probably just a little too big. She is more on the 4'11' side of 5 foot. The extra few cm's might make it uncomfortable to ride no?

Nice bike alright, but probably just a little too big. She is more on the 4'11' side of 5 foot. The extra few cm's might make it uncomfortable to ride no?

Get a sz 43 not anything bigger. The trek 43cm still have standard 700 wheels and it's great quality.

Advertisement