Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your session timed out while you were composing this post

Options
  • 17-07-2008 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Your session timed out while you were composing this post and you were logged out. You must log in again to continue.

I am getting this error a lot recently when trying to reply to posts especially if composing a long reply. I have basically given up on doing this as every time I try this happens. Can anyone shed some light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Log out and then go to

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php

and log in using the box in the top right-hand corner. Make sure you tick the "remember me" box. This will ensure that you never get logged out.

If you're unconfortable leaving yourself logged in (e.g. if it's a shared machine) just use word or notepad to type your posts before submitting. Apparently quite a lot of people do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

just use word or notepad to type your posts before submitting.

Do'oh... Smacks head :o

That solves that half, but why the timeouts or what is the timeout on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Timeout is 15 minutes as far as I know.

It's a fairly standard thing to set a timeout on someone's session when they're accessing a website - it's to prevent the next guy being able to come along and use your account.

Boards (afaik) uses session cookies which remain valid for 15 minutes after your last activity - if you're inactive (i.e. don't click a link or submit a post) for that length of time, or you close your browser down, the session is deleted.

Advertisement