Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

One months Insurance

Options
  • 17-07-2008 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

Hi, for reasons out of my control I have to get a car before December. I have a provisional licence,2nd if that means anything and will be applying for my full test soon.
    I have driven before(about 2 years ago I stopped) for a couple of years and consider myself competent

Now here is the thing, my bro wont need his motor for the next 6 weeks and I would like to take it to get some driving time in before the test (I have a full licence driver available to acompany me to and from work).

Thanks for readin the waffle and this is my question

Were do I go to get 1 months insurance?

Quinn are the only ones I tried so far and they only do insurance by the year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

any company will, if not pay it off by week, when your done withthe car, canel the insurance.

Though most companys will do it anyways if you explain the story... though i dont think you'd need to, they need your money.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1/. Insure the car for the year as normal.

2/. Opt for monthly payments.

3/. Cancel when no longer needed, stop direct debit, and return cert and disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could get insurance from anyone and just cancel it after 30 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Thanks lads,it was too early in the morning for me to notice the obvious answer.

Mark

Advertisement