Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The price of a tattoo these days?

Options
  • 17-07-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

howdee,

I havent got a tattoo done in about 4 years, so have no idea what the rough cost for one these days would be. The tattoo would be an outline of a bull , like the old bronze age drawings, and it would be no bigger than the size of the palm of your hand, to go on my upper arm. I just want to get the outline done, haven't decided on a colour inside it or anything.
    similar to this bull drawing but without the soldiers!

http://www.shopcreator.net/mall/CelticTShirtShop/products/product-116065.stm

ta guys and gals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Most parlours charge by the hour, with a minimum two-hour fee. So it really depends on the tattoo. No easy answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Yeah, minimum price ranges from 60 - 80 euro. And then it goes to about 100 euro an hour or so.

I recon you're looking at 60 euro in Inkwell for that at the size you want it.

Or 80 in Zulu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Most parlours charge by the hour, with a minimum two-hour fee. So it really depends on the tattoo. No easy answer.

I've never been in a parlour that has a two hour minimum. where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

hot2def wrote: »
    I've never been in a parlour that has a two hour minimum. where?
    Yeah I was thinking that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GirlConcubine

Ive only ever known of 1 shop who does that.. and tbh its run by a pack of a** holes

They've copped on that alot of people just want like a little star or something like that for their first tatt and they're naive to the costs etc so pay it

I hate greed! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Sorry, should have clarified that.

Most, if not all shops will charge a minimum fee.

Heard Karen in Sacred Art telling a punter that they had a 2-hour minimum fee. However, that was a few years back now, and thinking back, the person was a walk-in who seemed to be picking a tatt off the wall, so perhaps she was just trying to put him off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

On a similar note I'm looking to get a tattoo on the top of my back. It'll be Celtic and about 10cms by 20cms, mostly all detail. Who in Dublin should I get this done by and how much is it likely to cost? Thanks

meglome wrote: »
    On a similar note I'm looking to get a tattoo on the top of my back. It'll be Celtic and about 10cms by 20cms, mostly all detail. Who in Dublin should I get this done by and how much is it likely to cost? Thanks

your description is meaningless.

"I'm looking to buy a car, 00 plate, probably blue. where will I get it and how much will it cost?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

thanks for that guys. Im in Limerick. I got my first one done in Dublin a few years back (4 yrs ago), in Temple Bar, the name escapes me, but seemed to be only Italians working there, you had to walk upstairs to it. Got a plain enough one done (my choice). might get it touched up, but I just wanted to be aware of the rough cost before I got another one, and this 2 hoyr minimum thingy as well. cheers for the heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

That's art tattoo in temple bar BarryCreed

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    That's art tattoo in temple bar BarryCreed

thats the one! it helped I could converse in italian with them at the time...;)

your description is meaningless.

"I'm looking to buy a car, 00 plate, probably blue. where will I get it and how much will it cost?"

I'm looking for a detailed colourful Celtic tattoo for the top of my back, roughly 10cm by 20cm. I'm only looking for a general idea where it might be best to get this done and how much it might cost. If I knew nothing about cars I'd ask a general question about them too.

with out an image its impossible to tell

All we can tell you is that most shops work by hour, and the hourly rate varies around dublin from 80 to 120 (i think) with a minimum of between 60 to 100.

with out an image its impossible to tell

All we can tell you is that most shops work by hour, and the hourly rate varies around dublin from 80 to 120 (i think) with a minimum of between 60 to 100.

Okay who in Dublin is well known/respected for detailed Celtic work?

personally, I'd go to Mick in Swords, Stigmata-tau

I live in Dublin city centre so Swords would be a bit more of a trek than I'd planned for.

I live in Dublin city centre so Swords would be a bit more of a trek than I'd planned for.

hop on a fekin bus, it's not that bloody far away :D

why go to the bother of asking repeatedly who would be best if a bus ride is too much trouble?

what you meant to ask was "Which studio would best accomodate my existing lunch-date?"

mick%20celtic%2015.jpg

mick is the bomb, and a lovely guy, and clean, with reasonable prices. how you going to moan about him being in the burbs......

jaysis hot2def; must look into this lad for some celtic stuff, looks like solid work

I know, it's almost like i know what I'm talking about, right? :rolleyes:

but, dude, don't go man. imagine all the important sh1te you will get done with the hour you save on the bus.....

• Advertisement

haha yeah it's almost like you are a tattoo artist or something crazy ;)

madness

I know, it's almost like i know what I'm talking about, right? :rolleyes:

but, dude, don't go man. imagine all the important sh1te you will get done with the hour you save on the bus.....

All right point made... I just normally don't do buses :)

So where in swords is he? Haven't been out there in years.

its on the main street in swords, inside one of the arches on the left heading uphill

Advertisement