Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Bad Company any good?

Options
  • 17-07-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I downloaded the demo of this the other day and only played it last night. I quite liked it, but was wondering if anyone can give me their opinions on it and answer a few questions.

1) Am I right in assuming there'll be no split-screen options?
    2) Can you play against bots in multi player, or only against people?
    3) How many multi player maps are there?
    4) Is there really only one multiplayer game mode? I know Conquest mode is supposedly to be released at some point, but it seems odd that a game like this would be released with only one mode.
    5) Is the multi player actually fun? I did enjoy it when I played it, but does it just get repetitive or does it keep you coming back?

That's all I can think of asking now. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

humanji wrote: »
    I downloaded the demo of this the other day and only played it last night. I quite liked it, but was wondering if anyone can give me their opinions on it and answer a few questions.

1) Am I right in assuming there'll be no split-screen options? YES
    2) Can you play against bots in multi player, or only against people? Only people afaik
    (3) How many multi player maps are there? around 8
    4) Is there really only one multiplayer game mode? I know Conquest mode is supposedly to be released at some point, but it seems odd that a game like this would be released with only one mode. Yes 1 but its great fun
    5) Is the multi player actually fun? I did enjoy it when I played it, but does it just get repetitive or does it keep you coming back? The perks COD4esque system is great and it keeps me coming back for more

That's all I can think of asking now. :)

Hope that helped ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a big thread on the XBox forum which should have all the info you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thanks for that. Oddly enough, when I searched for this I didn't even think of looking on the console forums.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is Bad Company any good?
    Its not bad :pac:

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

theres not much of a buzz around it, like compared to bf2, that was huge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

AI is ment to be crap,multiplayer is suspose to be where its at.

I caved in a bought it yesterday. It's not a patch on BF2, but it is a lot of fun. Single player is ok. The conversations that your squad have can be hilarious at times. Bu the multiplayer is great. It does have it's problems (like not being able to lie down. What the hell kind of decision was that?), and I haven't played against any muppets yet (but I'm expecting them soon).

@Humanji Yeh i found more or less the same pros and cons as you. Suprising enough I havnt seen many rtards in MP yet (apart from the Humvee Boosters) and ive been playing for near a month now. It seems they all stayed on CoD4.

"If you play it, they will come!"

It's only a matter of time :D

"If you play it, they will come!"

It's only a matter of time :D

True but dont EA not have some policy that people cant play their games online unless they are over 18? I know my little cousin had problems even playing Fifa08. Maybe thats the firewall thats keeping the little ****s out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

How would EA determine the age of the player :confused:

You have to put your date of birth in when you register your Gamertag/PSN ID. They take it from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

single player is average but online is great

Advertisement