Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keloid on side of bridge piercing.... help????

• 17-07-2008 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey guys
    Well as the title says...
    My little girl pulled my bridge piercing by accident last week and it has now devloped a keloid :(
    Been using lots of saline on it to try and dry the skin out but wondering if anyone else has any tips of getting rid?

Thanks, Lea x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Bio oil cures all :) well most anyway
    Massage it in. If she just pulled on it coud it just not be a small tear or something?

I doubt very much a keloid would develop from just just a tug on a piercing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GirlConcubine

oh i'll try that..

See Ive had one on that side before a couple of years ago and managed to get it alot smaller with drying out the skin with saline and aspirin tablets.. then since Freya pulled at it (hard), it's got bigger and bigger again

Ive also had one on the inside of my monroe piercing.. i must be prone lol :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Yeah.. its severly likely it is not a keloid.
    It's just very irritated. Sea salt soaks to soothe it and if the bump persists invest in some chamomile teabags. They're a godsend for bumps in a lot of cases.
    What jewellery do you go in there by the way?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

When I had my nose pierced, I accidently hit it quite hard. A few days later it developed a keloid next to it.
    I used dilute tea tree oil but that didn't work, so I tried hydrocortisone cream, and it did the trick for me, the lump was gone in a week.

most people wont have access to hydrocortisone cream as its perscription only... i think

• Advertisement

I actually happen to have some of that cream.. Freya had it for a rash she had under her chin from dribbling
    Im a bit scared to put that on tho lol

Ive got a curved barbell in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

my keloid has never gone away, i even went to a plastic surgon to get it injected with stuff to reduce it....it was over injected and alas it got a little bigger, its still there, it used to be like a marrowfat pea, now its like a squished pea

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Will wrote: »
    most people wont have access to hydrocortisone cream as its perscription only... i think

I find acne cream works well on them. I got one called Benzac in Australia, but I haven't seen it here. I think the chemical that makes it work is benzocaine or something.

as far as i know its actually cortisone (a steroid) that does it.
    when injected it leaves a lil dent on the site therefore making the appearance of the keloid/scar/etc smaller, i dont know how it all works, just a lil bit of knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Curved barbells in bridge piercings = not good.

• Advertisement

Well guys.... my keloid is gone! :D
    I managed to shrink it to about half the size with asprin (which dried it out really well) .. then went to my piercer and he sliced it off.. now its like a tiny cut and healing great.. woooooooooop!

The hydocortisone cream didnt really do a thing to mine tbh

Ive had this bridge piercing for almost 6 year and never had any probs with my curved barbell

nools where is your keloid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Did you take the aspirin or put some on the keloid? Just making sure as I have the same problemo...

Advertisement