Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sump plug for Octavia 1.6

Options
  • 17-07-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Octavia 1.6 '00

Folks, can anyone tell me the number/size of the sump plug (tis a nut & washer really I guess) for the car above? I'm going to pop in to a motor factors and get one and change the oil.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sump Nut should be good, replace the copper washer though, halfords charged me 3.25 for a washer, and when I changed the oil it wasnt as good quality (thin and light) as the one already in so i kept the old washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks Kluivert but any idea on the size/number of the plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I wouldn't of thought a motor factors would stock sump plugs.... i would guess it would cost around €3 at any VW/scoda dealer....

I wouldn't of thought a motor factors would stock sump plugs.... i would guess it would cost around €3 at any VW/scoda dealer....

oh really? Suppose you are right, I would probably look a tad stupid looking for something so minor in a motor factors...nearest Skoda place is really out of the way but suppose I could ring them to get the answer to my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

To be 100% sure, I'd need your engine code.

But if your engine code is AEH or AKL then your sump bolt size is M14X1,5X22 - Part number is N 908 132 01.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Octavia 1.6 '00

Folks, can anyone tell me the number/size of the sump plug (tis a nut & washer really I guess) for the car above? I'm going to pop in to a motor factors and get one and change the oil.

Thanks.

As said already, the sump plug can be reused. There is no need to buy a new sump plug.

A new copper washer should be fitted every time, just don't forget to remove the old one. I know on some Nissan's that the washer is a collapsible one, and costs only a few cents in a Nissan dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

ianobrien wrote: »
    As said already, the sump plug can be reused. There is no need to buy a new sump plug.

A new copper washer should be fitted every time, just don't forget to remove the old one. I know on some Nissan's that the washer is a collapsible one, and costs only a few cents in a Nissan dealer.

Its gone up! Its 98cents now. Went up to windsors to get the filter & washer for my next oil change.

ianobrien wrote: »

I heard though that a new one (plug & washer) should be fitted after every oil change and I've noticed the edges of the plug are beginning to wear so it won't grip as easily in the wrench (i'm assuming).

crosstownk wrote: »
    To be 100% sure, I'd need your engine code.

But if your engine code is AEH or AKL then your sump bolt size is M14X1,5X22 - Part number is N 908 132 01.

excellent, thanks for that. Now, where would I get the engine code from? The manual/service book?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

excellent, thanks for that. Now, where would I get the engine code from? The manual/service book?

Yep - the code is in at least three places - the service book (the one that is stamped at each service), the boot (in the spare wheel well) and stamped onto the engine itself.

You're best off looking on the inside cover of the service schedule where there will be a large sticker that has lots of printed data. An identical sticker should be stuck to the side of the spare wheel well in the boot - all of which is based on the selling dealer carrying out the PDI correctly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement