Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding schools in the UK

Options
  • 17-07-2008 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,
    I'm interested in taking one of my BHS exams in September, but there's no dates available here. I thinking of heading to the UK to give it a go.

Does anyone have any suggestions of good schools there to coach me and to do it in?

I've been told that dates are available in Pippin Equestrain Centre in Dorset and Rycroft School in Eversly. Ever heard of them???

Any info would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

your prob better off asking on www.newrider.com

its an english site, so they would have a better idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

My friend did her stages 2 and 3 in Rycroft, and said it's brilliant. She did a week there before each exam. You can stay just down the road from it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

Hey id be very interested in doing my BHS exams over in Englans so any info u get any chance u cud forward to my way..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mbrasil

Hi, the best way is to go to the British Horse society web. You will find dates for short training and exams everywhere.

You can do courses on several centres, some better than others, but everything depends on which exam you want to do.

There are also instructors here in Ireland available to prepare you to the exams, on one-to-one basis.They provide just lectures or practical as well if you have your own horse. And you always can loan one. Sometimes it is less expensive, than pay a course somewhere.
    It is very good if you want to learn quickly as possible.
    Unfortunately at the riding schools, they extend a lot the courses, and if you have some knowledge can be boring.
    I know a lady who accepts girls for 2 or 3 months to work with her and she prepares you for exams, but just bhs 1 and 2; and she is very demanding sometimes.She also give you some money for your work. 5 day week.

if you want more info about a particular topic I can provide more details.
    Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

Spoke to my friend again and she says she would definately recommend Rycroft. She did her training here but went for a week before each exam to Rycroft and did the exams there. She said that they have a website.

I am doing my stage 3 in Oct at berriewood but dont know much about it. I am training for it here tho with an EFI coach [working for training]

If you check out the BHS website you will see what dates are available where [you have probably already done this]

Are you certain there are no dates left in Ireland?

Advertisement