Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the most embarassing Irish musician/band around at the moment?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

nonsense, they are well known by so many people! They are famous for their Live preformances! Very well written songs, original sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Original sound my arse! They're pretty generic and having seen them a few times I waasn't overly impressed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

But embarassing? I wouldn't have put most of the ones selected in. Although I don't like any they don't make me feel embarassed. Angry, bored, confused, cursing god for giving me ears? Yes to all but not embarassment.
    PUGWASH. Not they make me go red. Peuce even. The feeling I'd have when my father would walk into the room when a crap band were on top of the pops and he'd tar me guilty by association. Or so I thought and therefore felt EMBARASSED.
    Last Irish band befor that was The Cranberries. I lived in England/Israel and all the natives would say oh hey you're irish...Aren't the Cranberries from that Eurobackwater too?(therefore implying I'd a nutural bent towards listening to that infantile turgid crap). Big reddener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So can we all agree that ALL Irish acts are complete and utter b0ll0cks? The shorter list would be what Irish acts don't suck balls. (Can only think of a few:The Dudley Coporation,Two Tales Of Woe and Rest).

Ok I'll cave and stay on topic. Westlife. There you made me type their name, I'm not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

Where do I start....

Sinéad O connor:mad:
    Aslan:mad::mad:
    Daniel O Donnell:mad::mad:
    The Frames:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Damien Dempsey and Rice:mad::mad:X 100
    Paddy Casey

and:p

Tommy Fleming:eek:
    Words cannot describe the sh!te this eejit releases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 spill

yes, saw him (dempsey) live and i nearly died...its a display of strange violence and affected sweaty fervour..i blushed for him...and never forgave my cousin for draggin me there...lord help us-

but the worst offender by miles is rice, his lyrics are beyond horrendous..he is a total whinger, and sings about his cringworthy making out experiences, i go red, SO red with anger and embarassment...how can that be called music? utter rubbish...selfish music for clearly selfish people...yeeuuch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Was going to say the Blizzards but its now gotta be B*witched

There still around? Oh god no

i find the fans more disturbing than the band, kind of agressive and obsessive, i ran out of whelans years ago after being dragged to see them, lifeless bland whingy irrelevance.....plain useless:mad::mad::mad:

":mad:Accidental Babies" - Damien Rice

Well I held you like a lover
    Happy hands and your elbow in the appropriate place

And we ignored our others, happy plans
    For that delicate look upon your face

Our bodies moved and hardened
    Hurting parts of your garden
    With no room for a pardon
    In a place where no one knows what we have done

Do you come
    Together ever with him?
    And is he dark enough?
    Enough to see your light?
    And do you brush your teeth before you kiss?
    Do you miss my smell?
    And is he bold enough to take you on?
    Do you feel like you belong?
    And does he drive you wild?
    Or just mildly free?
    What about me?

Well you held me like a lover
    Sweaty hands
    And my foot in the appropriate place

And we use cushions to cover
    Happy glands
    In the mild issue of our disgrace

Our minds pressed and guarded
    While our flesh disregarded
    The lack of space for the light..."

what a load of b*ll*cks!

nc13 wrote: »
    Hi I only found this site and agree with a lot of posts, but at the moment I think Damine Dempsey is just taking the mick. He is covering classic songs and distroying them. He wants to be like Christy Moore and Ronnie Drew and making a balls of it. There is not the talent around Ireland now like in the late 80s and early 90s. icon8.gif
    its getting worse! thank god for u2 and phil lynott!! yes! bring back the 80s thats all i can say!

• Advertisement

its not songwriting, its pure self indulgence...i would get help if i put out music as bad as that, as in psychiatric help, for being so deluded, no real musical person would put their name to this booorrring uninspiring flogged to death sh*te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

if anyone has mentioned them, westlife certainly are not at all embarassing. 4 good looking(not so much anymore) lads, none of them ginger, nah im glad that came on the scene. they can sing as well.

the script are not either. i like irish traditional music but that can be quite embarrasing i have to say, all that 'if your irish come into the parlour' stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Damien Dempsey. I'm convinced the only reason he hasn't been extradited was because of his amazing ability to make Shane McGowan look good.

Advertisement