Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3g Broadband Help

Options
  • 17-07-2008 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi i was considering getting 3g broadband from vodafone.I am not the best technology etc.. but just wondering is it any good? also I have my mobile bill with 3.would i have to switch to vodafone mobile aswell or could i stay with 3 and get 3g broadband from vodafone seperately?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

Mobile broadband is very hit and miss, and dont take anything from these providers as gospel with regards to speed and coverage. If you have no other option then consider it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

there is no harm in trying it
    You have a 2 weeks free trial to test it out etc.

I recently bought a 3G vodafone package and modem and i must say im very impressed, my download speed doesnt drop past 1.5MB even in peak times and the upload speed is always a consistent 350kb/s..

Im in the tallaght area

Iv tryed O2`s i cudent get a signal and threes service is a bloody nightmare

Try it out for the 2 weeks , you might end up being surprised like i was :)

p.s only problem is the 5 GIG cap, it suits me fine for irc.. poker.. etc, light applications, but if your downloading alot you`ll soon find yourself going over the data limit

p.s Advoid 3 like the plague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 as1314

and can u just sign up to vodafone 3g broadband without being a vodafone mobile customer? can i keep my 3 mobile bill or would have to switch to vodafone mobile aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yes, they are completely separate services.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

At the moment Vodafone have become very uncompetitive - o2 now offer mobile bb for 19.99 per month while Vod are 29.99 (14.99 for first three months) Also Voda only offer downloads of 5G per month while o2 oiffer 10g.

O2 also offer a months trial (well at least they did until recently). Voda offer two weeks I think.

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Buy+Broadband+now/

I have had Voda for the past three months and found it pretty good and reliable average speed is prob around IMb - use it mainly in town so coverage is pretty good but have also used in Louth and found signal quite good there too.

You can have your mobile with one provider and your bb with another it doesnt matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement